Thread: MP3 Problems

Default MP3 Problems

When I scan my MP3 folders to add the album into Orange I am getting many errors (not program error but data errors). Here are some of them.

1. No data is read from the MP3 tag v2. I get "unknown artist" and "unknown album".

2. Only certain tracks are read correctly the others are "track xx" but typicaly xx is wrong. For example the track in position 1 is listed as "track 09".

3. Track times are not display for some tracks. This includes those with problem #2 above.

4. Only partial lyrics are imported for some tracks.

5. Custom genres are not reconized.

I have played around with the MP3 files themselves for days now and still can't make these work. All the data is there in the v2 tag but it's just not read correctly. I have even tried re-ripped the files from the CD but that didn't change anything.

My gut tells me there is something wrong with reading the track time. If I scan with the v1 tag I get album, artist and track names but without times.

Would you please look into this Andrei,
    Batman

Default Re: MP3 Problems

Hi,

If you know that ID3v2 tags contain valid data, you may check "Get infro from ID3v2" option and uncheck all other options. This should guarantee that ID3v2 is taken into account.

Regarding the lyrics and time problem, it is difficult to say anything without debugging actual mp3 file. If you send me the faulty mp3 files, I will most likely fix the problems.

Andrei

Default Re: MP3 Problems

On the initial scan I only checked the get data from id3v2. I only tried the other options when v2 didn't work. None of the other option however will give me the lyrics.
    I will email you some tracks; how large of files can you handle?

Batman