Hi All

This is sort of a networking question, but since it involves OrangeCD I thought I give it a whirl.

I have entered about 50 or so discs so far with hundreds to go. Since I deal with mostly live concert discs, many are not included in FreeDB.org or CDDB. so it takes time. If they are not it FreeDB.org I submit them.

So what I wanted to do was to get a laptop almost exclusively for OrangeCd. (To free up time so the wife can use the main PC) but my question lies in what type of laptop I really need.

I obviously still need to connect to the internet and need a CD-Rom but other than that I am not sure.

Here is the question I asked on Computer.net, but didn't really get a satisfactory answer:

I have a cable modem and a linksys wireless network connecting 2 PC's. Now I want to get a laptop to enter data into a database. I need to access the internet and I need to be able to transfer the info from the laptop to the main PC.
Knowing nothing about laptops, what do I need to make sure is included, to be able to perform my tasks? In other words I need it to be compatible with my network.

I have a BEFW11S4 router, how do I know what the laptop would need? Do most cards with most routers?

Thanks
Mark

So I am looking for what needs to be preloaded for this to work. I am looking for a used or refurbished Laptop. Anyone here use a laptop for there database?

Any and all suggestions welcome

Thanks
Mark