Thread: Beta 3 - Add covers to existing albums

Default Beta 3 - Add covers to existing albums

First let me say that the "Add From Amazon" function is great. I tried to get a third party application to do the same thing but it was too much hassle to set up so I gave up on the idea so it is great to see it integrated into Orange.

However...can the function be modified so that the cover and notes etc from Amazon can be added to an existing album?

The reason I ask is that I had a couple of albums that I couldn't find covers for. When I used the Add from Amazon function it added the album again, complete with date of issue and a review etc which was really good. But, when I compared the two albums (the one I added by scanning the CD and the one I added by the Amazon method), I noticed that the Amazon one does not have the track length or total time which is something I quite like to see.

Is it possible to modify the function so that you can "update from Amazon". Then when the information is retrieved from Amazon, only update the fields which are incomplete (in this case the cover, and perhaps the date of issue etc). Or, prompt the user as to whether to overwrite a field that is already completed?

Also, I agree with Funky Capricorn, that an "add from allmusic.com" would be even better if it is all possible, although I gather that the Amazon searchability is something to do with the way their website is set up so it may not be the same for allmusic.com

I look forward to your comments.

Cheers,

Beeph.

Default Re: Beta 3 - Add covers to existing albums

Beeph,

You've got the reply to that one in a topic just down the road from this one.
    It'll come in beta 4 the update cover function.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Beeph
    However...can the function be modified so that the cover and notes etc from Amazon can be added to an existing album?
    Yes. This ability will be included in the upcoming beta 4.

In future, we will seek opportunities to add support fore more web services, and AMG is the first candidate.

Andrei

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher
    Beeph,

;D Yeah you need to Remove this one and Copy and Paste in the correct Thread.Andrei can not see what the rest of us have said about Album Covers and the New Beta. ;D

[url]http://www.firetongue.com/boards/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=orangecd_general;action=display;num= 1077066411;start=3#3[/url]

There is a Link to the other Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher
    Beeph,

It'll come in beta 4 the update cover function.

Cheers,
    Any idea when the beta 4 is slated for testing?

Quote Originally Posted by FuNkY_CaPrIcOrN

;D Yeah you need to Remove this one and Copy and Paste in the correct Thread.Andrei can not see what the rest of us have said about Album Covers and the New Beta. ;D

[url]http://www.firetongue.com/boards/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=orangecd_general;action=display;num= 1077066411;start=3#3[/url]

There is a Link to the other Thread.
    FC - I followed your link and excuse my apparent ignorance, but I could not see the answer (ie; that the feature will be in Beta 4) in that thread. Still can't actually. Now you are suggesting that my thread be removed. And you wonder why people don't post. Maybe I should have started one about an MP3 jukebox and go on and on and on about it...

Thanks to Andrei and Skywatcher for responding. I look forward to Beta 4.

Beeph.

[quote=Beeph]

FC - I followed your link and excuse my apparent ignorance, but I could not see the answer (ie; that the feature will be in Beta 4) in that thread.