Hi there,

Andrei will probably give you a much more complete answer than mine, but let me see if I can help in some of the points you ask, so that you can start directing your oppinion better as soon as possible.

1- I dont't know if I quite understand what you wanted with this one, so I'm shooting a reply into the dark hoping to hit something. Have you tried, on the drop-down menu of the available views, selecting "more views...", and creating a new view/editing an existent one to your likings? Including one that does only a simple listing?

2- Yes there is. in the current beta3 release ( firetongue.com/beta ) you can add new CD's from amazon including the cover art. The forthcoming beta4 will have the ability to do that to the CD's already in your collection. People have been asking Firetongue here in the forums to add other cover art sources, like allmusic.com. So far, we (the users) still don't know if that is technically possible.

3- Don't use Orange myself for MP3 cataloguing, so I'll have to pass this one up.

4- You can define that yourself. Images can either be an integrant part of the database, stored in a "covers" directory by themselves, or stored in the "covers" directory only when they're bigger than (you choose size) Kb

5- Yes, with CD drive scanning or Bar code reading with a CueCat Scanner. If you choose CD drive scanning Orange ejects the cd as soon as it has been ID'ed. For me, as I have a slot-in drive, it's a very fast process, I just have to keep inserting CD's, and never touch the keyboard even and the collection just keeps growing on screen. CueCat scanning available on beta3.

6 - I Myself came from the collectorz' one to Orange about a week ago, and I have not regreted it so far. I quite like the easiness of orange, the accessibilty of firetongue on discussing and implementing new features (check around the forums to see that). And the HTML export is great. I've just put my cd collection online with great ease (and a great look, you can download the templates from this site), just to name a few of the things.

Cheers,