Thread: Two questions: info-text & merging data

Default Two questions: info-text & merging data

hi andrei,

after the long time of using o-cd (and it's still THE BEST) I downloaded the new version and must say: nice work!
    I like especially the feature of importing data from amazon with alle the information and numbers and so...

but there is my problem:
    I use the german amazon.de and the information of the cd is in German. the character set ist "German IA 5", but the text in the "my notes"-field after the download looks like so:
    Spätestens seit Silence gelten Sonata Arctica als einer der heißesten Geheimtipps im melodischen Power-Metal-Bereich.

How can I get it "original"?

And the other question:
    Is it possible to merge data from amazon and freedb?
    little explaining: when I download data from a cd in amazon and I play the cd after that it said: "new artist" - and it loads the data from freedb. then I get two records with the same name (of course, it's the same CD) - but with different information (amazon: with label and date and notes, freedb: with the time). is there a possibillity to get the data from the freedb-record into the amazon-record without typing by hand? or to "update" the freedb-record with the label, date and the other information (not anly the cover)?

THX for support

monty

Default Re: Two questions: info-text & merging data

Quote Originally Posted by Monty
    I use the german amazon.de and the information of the cd is in German. the character set ist "German IA 5", but the text in the "my notes"-field after the download looks like so:
    Spätestens seit Silence gelten Sonata Arctica als einer der heißesten Geheimtipps im melodischen Power-Metal-Bereich.
    Too bad, this looks like omission on my side... I can fix this really easy and provide you (or anyone who suffers from the same problem) with a link to private build download, so you don't have to wait until next release in May.

And the other question:
    Is it possible to merge data from amazon and freedb?
    little explaining: when I download data from a cd in amazon and I play the cd after that it said: "new artist" - and it loads the data from freedb. then I get two records with the same name (of course, it's the same CD) - but with different information (amazon: with label and date and notes, freedb: with the time). is there a possibillity to get the data from the freedb-record into the amazon-record without typing by hand? or to "update" the freedb-record with the label, date and the other information (not anly the cover)?
    Try using Copy fields/Paste fields commands in the Tools menu. Download an album from Amazon, select it, click Copy fields, then select your FreeDB entry of the same album and click Paste fields. This will move all the information, including cover inage, from Amazon entry to FreeDB entry. Then you can get rid of Amazon entry completely.

Next release will allow attaching Amazon data directly to the existing entry - which will be pretty much the same process as above, but will require no temporary entry and no user interaction.

Andrei

THX very much for the answer! the second point works without problems (if you know how, there's no problem) and with the first point would it be very nice to get a new version - will you mail or sent a pn?

cu und greetz
    monty

I'll see if it qualifies for a service update, or how many users are affected. If it does, it will be published on the website, otherwise I'll just send you a download link.

Andrei