Thread: MODDATE field issues remain.

Default MODDATE field issues remain.

Hi Andrei,

A few slight problems...

The new MODDATE field does update automatically as promised. However when the field is inserted onto the ALBUM page via DAXEDIT, the value returned is not in DATE format. It is a long number (just like the old problem with the CHECKOUT and CHECKIN date fields - now fixed, I'm pleased to see).

We cannot search for dates using TEXT SEARCH, and can only find them in ADVANCED SEARCH by using the long number, not the date!

There is no provision for the MODDATE field to be used to sort or group data in the CONTENT view.

Records that have had their CD covers up-dated only show a MODDATE value if you CLEAR the old cover before pasting in a new one. Simply pasting a new cover over an existing one won't register.

The only place where the MODDATE field currently works as it should is in the LIST view of titles, providing you insert the LIST MODIFIED field as a column. Then everything displays as it should, which is great!

It's getting there, though - thanks for what you are doing.

Default Re: MODDATE field issues remain.

Well, it seems that the moddate doesn't work properly in the album list field either: I updated a box set and while both discs separately showed the correct date (2005-08-02), the box set showed 1970-01-01!

Default Re: MODDATE field issues remain.

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWERS
    Hi Andrei,

The new MODDATE field does update automatically as promised. However when the field is inserted onto the ALBUM page via DAXEDIT, the value returned is not in DATE format. It is a long number (just like the old problem with the CHECKOUT and CHECKIN date fields - now fixed, I'm pleased to see).
    This problem still remains in today's new beta, Andrei.