Thread: Which is best?

Default Which is best?

hope I am not posting this in the wrong place.

I have been a user of Collectorz.com software for years - since it's inception. I am thinking of making a switch.

I noticed CDTraxx, CD Storage Master and OrangeCD as three of the other top programs and cannot find anything written comparing the programs and their pluses and minuses.

I am looking for an all-inclusive program for CD, DVD and MP3 collections, if possible.

Can someone give me a rundown?

Much appreciated in advance..

Jordan in Jersey

Default Re: Which is best?

All have pretty similar features, but for me, Orange CD's interface is far and away the best.

I only use it to catalog hard copies of music, though... no MP3s and no DVDs. (I don't catalog my MP3s and I used DVD Profiler for DVDs. And Book Collector from Collectorz.com for books.)

Guest Guest

Default Re: Which is best?

Thank you for the excellent response!!

If you don't mind..a few questions..

In the Collectorz.com program, I am able to type in a barcode and the system scans a dozen or so sources (Amazon, CDDB and others) to grab info, credits, cover art, etc. I don't have to actually insert the CD into the computer. Is this possible with OrangeCD?

Is the system for cataloging song credits such as writer, producer, engineer, etc. easy to use? In Collectorz.com, for example, if I want to I can indicate that John Lennon played Guitar and Vocals on a CD and that he wrote or co-wrote 10 songs, etc... It seems OrangeCD can, indeed, do this but I want to know for sure.

It seems that downloading the 30 day free trial would be a good idea for me. I will do that tonight when I get home.

Are there new releases forthcoming? I notice March 2004 as the last release?

THANKS AGAIN!!

Jordan in Jersey