Andrei:

I have some questions related to this topic.

This a feature that I only recently discovered. I've been using the program for about a year but never saw this until I recently began entering vinyl albums. I never saw it before because I was entering "(Disc #)" with each multi-disc CD album. I went through my collection and deleted the "(Disc #)" for most of my multi-disc albums.

Here's a few problems I've encountered:

It seems I can't do this for box sets. I would have to change The "Box Set" format to the number in set format (2CD, 3CD, etc.). If I do that then I lose to ability to list box sets in my collection.

Another quirk is the fact that some of the multi-disc albums have more than one format. For example, one of the discs may be an "enhanced CD" or "bonus DVD". If I list a bonus DVD as "3/3 in a 3CD format", I lose the ability to list by "DVD format".

If there is no way to currently resolve this, I would suggest making a "flag" check box somewhere in the "record properties" for a future version. I'm sure that some users find "flags" like "rare item", "private entry", soundtrack", etc. useful, but in my opinion, if a person has rare items in a collection he/she would know it and there couldn't be that many if they were "rare". I don't know what "private entry" means. "Soundtracks" can be listed by "genre" and "sub-genre" in addition to the "flag" checkbox. I'd like to see one or two in addition (or in lieu) of these. Perhaps you can make them so they are "programable" to a user's preference.

Another thing I've noticed is that only the album cover for Disc One in a multi-set is displayed. I have quite a few sets where each disc in a set has a different cover. Could you make it so that if a disc in a set has a different cover than others in the set, it is properly displayed? The only way around this, that I can see, is to revert to replacing the "Disc #) with the titles of these particular albums.

Also, sometimes various discs within a set have different titles. Is there a way that this too could be resolved? Perhaps a "sub-title" box might be a solution.

I hope you haven't labelled me a complainer (I'm not). I like using your program and I think it's great. I did, however, notice that you ignored my questions in my last post under the topic "Sorting" (dated March 12th).

Thanks and best regards,

Tony