Quote Originally Posted by Basilmusic View Post
I did search for .odb and backup files -nothing in whole PC. Incidentally I am told that it is best to make backups on to another drive, or disk, or flash drive, for this very reason .I seem to have wiped out both db and the backups, but don't ask me how. Still no help at all from administrator -not good enough. Brian
Hi Brian,

Apologies for slow replies. Unfortunately what was said before in this thread before is correct -- if the backups are deleted, there very little you can do.

Try launching ocd catalog, open any database (or create new) and use backup function. See which folder it defaults to. This may provide a hint where your backups were.

You may try using "Undelete" kind of apps which sometimes are able to look into your hard drive and restore files that were deleted. But these apps only work sporadically and require that hard drive was not close to full utilization. I can't even wholeheartedly suggest using Undelete apps because they cost money and their track record is poor. It would probably be just wasted money. But if you find a very experienced PC user who can physically access your computer and help it may be worth a shot.

Do you have R&T account that you synced with local database? I can look into it and see what information can be extracted or converted (but again, chances are low and R&t doesn't store all the fields.)