Thread: Trouble with connection to Amazon & FreeDB

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mikhail,

This sounds like general connectivity issue in your system. OrangeCD attempts to connect to remote server but the system doesn't allow it. Usually it's the firewall, but unfortunately I can't come up with other explanation.

Do you see connection problems with any other software, or just OrangeCD?

Reinstalling OrangeCD may help. You will not lose your registration and database by reinstalling.

Andrei

No, I don't see connection problems with any other programs. Publishing on Racks&Tags also doesn't work

Finally I've decided to reinstall OrangeCD. How can I do it? I've made the backup, so what should I do now? Simply uninstall it via Windows Control Panel?
    And then, after reinstalling, - can I just use my old registration number?
    Thank you in advance.

Uninstall normally from the Control Panel and reinstall.

The registration number should work unless it is very old (if I remember well sometime ago they were updated by Andrei). You should liaise with Andrei about this.

Use the DATABASE menu RESTORE FROM BACKUP to restore.

Should work fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_slider04 View Post
    No, I don't see connection problems with any other programs. Publishing on Racks&Tags also doesn't work

Finally I've decided to reinstall OrangeCD. How can I do it? I've made the backup, so what should I do now? Simply uninstall it via Windows Control Panel?
    And then, after reinstalling, - can I just use my old registration number?
    Thank you in advance.