Thread: Now for the cassettes and 45's!!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yes frederf, I know what you wrote but you're definitely right to mention it as I forgot those new to this art, also you're making me laugh while writing this, because now you make me realize I have a ton of dvds storing all the raw wavs, plus minimum 1TB of recordings remastered.. I'm a complete lunatic :-D

Well, you're right about hiss reduction, minimum you have to leave 1-2 secs of silence recording for each side (tape and vinyl), especially if each side has a different recording, so the hiss may vary and it has to be applied different hiss analysis and reduction.. also if one side has different tracks recorded, each track should have is 1-2secs of silence.

At this point, another thing I didn't mention but it could be useful in vinyl transfer:
    if who wants to transfer a vinyl recording to pc doesn't have modern turntables with RIAA equalization built-in, it should be used old preamplifiers which have it and then connect these one to the soundcard inputs, if this can't be done, the recording level would be very low and even if raising the volume, the reult would be a sound with too much low frequencies and with almost no bass... the last chance is to use audacity and perform on the wav file the following steps, using from menu Effect > Equalization, then when the eq window appears, going to "select curve" and choose RIAA and apply this to the whole wav.

Hope this could help...

Cheers
    Ema
    Last edited by Gagliem; 08-27-2013 at 10:08 PM.