You guys are a little more of into the details than I am. But I do insist on quality sound... I rip everything to 320 CBR. I have done a tonne of LPs, and Cassettes (I really prefer cassettes because most times I can get the quality as good as cd's, at least to my ear). I have been converting my collection for almost 10 years now, and by far the cd's were the easiest. I think the 2000 + cds we have took me about a month to convert. When I convert them they go into plastic containers and are stored in a room I have specifically for that.

I have a set of standards for my collection that I try to keep. The album art I like to see at 300 x 300. If it is at all possible I like the mp3's at 320 - 192 although some of the rare stuff or demos I have purchased from the artists are only at 128. (Goddo for example). Definitely nothing below that though. Sometimes it is just easier to download the music than to rip it, so I do that too.

If there is one tip I can give anyone that is converting, it's backup, backup, BACKUP! I have all of my music backed up in triplicate just in case but I learned that the hard way.

It is nice to see the different possibilities of this program. I only use it for cataloging mp3's, since it is my goal to have everything on digital, but I do enjoy viewing the different ways others use it as well.