Thread: Question about location

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by vinylmaster View Post
    Plus, 2. I'm boxing up a lot of records, which I'll be storing away, but I'll need to be able to find an album when I need it. Under Location, I've scrapped "Car, Home, and Work" in favor of "Box 1", "Box 2", "Box 3" (It'll work for the time being...Eventually, these will get sorted by genre alphabetically (Rock Box #1, Rock Box #2, Country Box #1, etc....It's still a work in progress...), but I just want to catalog it all now). I suspect you could also have a number assigned to each record shelf, or some other system so you could access a record at a moment's notice (and with a large collection, that's helpful!). My question is...In OrangeCD, is there a way that I can make say "Box 1" come up everytime for every LP I enter, without having to click on it (Kinda like how the reference nos. are automatically assigned with no help from me?)? And then, when Box 1 is full, reset it to "Box 2", and have each album automatically have "Box 2" come up, without me having to click on it?
    There is no such feature, sorry.

And then, can I print out lists (reports) for each box individually, rather than print my entire collection each time?
    Select "Location" in drop down box on top of left pane. That will give you lists of albums organized by locations.

Thanks, Andrei. This is still new to me, but I'm having fun with it. Some of these things are minor squabbles with the set-up, but for the most part, it works. Every once in a while, though, I'll think about new ideas while I'm cataloguing. A big collection can take a lot of time, as many of you might be able to attest, so any shortcuts/insights at all are helpful.