Thread: Collaborations issues

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Collaborations issues

Hi.

I've been using Orange CD for a good few years now and it's mainly been a great database tool.

However I've come across an issue that is rather annoying.

The Collaborations function.

Here are my reasons why.

It creates a dual entry in the database for each of the collaborators. Something which I don't find particularly useful. I would rather it kept it as one entry. So if I have artist A + artist B it creates a single entry under Artist A + Artist B.

It's no use when you have say a split release between artists, when it's not necessarily a collaboration. I've got a lot of split single releases which I don't really want to file under Various Artists.

And the biggest problem is the inability to roll back changes made to the collaborations once they can be made. Case in example I had a release listed as Birthday Party / Lydia Lunch in my database and used the collaboration tool and it created the dual release issue mentioned above. Not wanting this I broke the collaboration link but found I couldn't type in the previous formatting I was using for the release as the field is locked until I set it to Various Artists and then it allowed me to change it to artist selection and editing.

Very annoying.

Cheers

Sid
    Last edited by SidneyJames; 09-09-2009 at 10:52 AM.