Thread: Users of OrangeCD: Satisfied or not??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I’m currently using Music Collector and I’m not so happy with it (for quite a while). I’m not going into the details about it because that’s not the intend of this thread. I have been looking at alternatives and have tested Orange CD over a year ago. Of all the apps I have tried I liked Orange CD the most for its simplicity. Finally an application that does what it’s supposed to do whiteout a ton of unnecessary features and fields. It’s slim and fast.
    So why haven’t I still bought it?
    Well two main reasons actually:
    1. I want an iPhone / iPod Touch application. I know there’s probably a work around for it today but none that I like. The iPhone application of Collectors is quite ok. The iPhone app is currently the only reason why I still use Music Collector.
    2. I fear that Orange CD is a bit a “one man show”. It is not perse a bad thing but I have seen some posts that don’t get answered or things that get promised but not delivered (such as the iPhone app).

Orangecd is an absolutely awesome program, and the more I learn the better it gets. Unfortunately the biggest problem is the lack of support... I think you are right about the "one man show". The time and effort Andre puts in to this is probably an amazing amount... but when there is an issue it takes too long to resolve sometimes. I wonder if it would be worth paying more for more support?