Thread: Specific custom sort as standard

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Specific custom sort as standard

Maybe someone knows a solution for this. I've searched for some time but couldn't find anything...

I want to view my collection in a specific custom view: Artist, single or not, release date. No problem so far.

But when I sporadically use another view, my above defined custom view has disappeared in the . I have to put it together again. No big Deal, but when you do it the 10th time...

Is it possible to define a specific custom view as a standard view, to save it in some way? I've searched within the application, but could not find it.

Thanks,
    Mathias

Default Re: Specific custom view as standard

Hi Mathias,

try this after you've set up custom view:

Right-click and select Customize View. On Current view tab, click Save as Preset. Enter preset name and press OK. Then press OK again.

Andrei

Default Re: Specific custom sort as standard

Hi Andrei,

thanks for your answer, but: I just realised, that I've asked the wrong question... :-[ When I wrote 'custom view' I meant 'custom sort'. Sorry for the confusion! :

So again my question (hopefully right this time):

I want to view my collection in a specific custom sort in the right part of OCD: Artist, single, release date. No problem so far. Right click, Sort, Custom... Then put it together and ok.

But when I sporadically use another sort, my above defined custom sort has disappeared out of the custom sort dialog . I have to put it together again. No big Deal, but when you do it the 10th time...

Is it possible to define a specific custom sort as a standard sort, to save it in some way? I've searched within the application, but could not find it.

Thanks again, especially for your patience,
    Mathias

Edit: I've changed the Topic subject to 'custom sort'.

There is no feature for this yet. It's been considered for a long time, waiting for critical mass to emerge.

Andrei

How many Kilograms do you consider as the critical mass? I'm not too slim anymore...

Thanks anyway...

Regards,
    Mathias

Add me to the critical mass, Andrei!!

Just want to bring that one up again...

[quote=Mathias]I want to view my collection in a specific custom sort in the right part of OCD: Artist, single, release date. No problem so far. Right click, Sort, Custom... Then put it together and ok.

But when I sporadically use another sort, my above defined

I am working on this feature already. Note that recently pro accounts on Racks and Tags received feature that's very similar to what I am doing - it allows to save views (sort orders and columns) and quickly access them later.

Watch website updates, I will post when it's available.

Andrei

Sounds fantastic!

Thanks, Andrei