Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Icon to indicate lyrics added

Default Re: Icon to indicate lyrics added

Here's one way you could color code your tracks. Replace the <!--[tracktime/]--> tag in the Album page with these four lines:

<!--[if(lyrics)]-->
    <font color="red"><!--[tracktime/]-->

I've updated the CrispPlay theme with two optional ways to identify tracks with lyrics.

You can either COLOR CODE the track time and/or add an ASTERISK after the track time, if the track has lyrics.

The 'SHOW_LYRICS_ASTERISK' and 'SHOW_LYRICS_COLOR' functions are optional and may be switched on or off. The color is defined by setting the '$LY_COLOR' value.

The new version of CrispPlay (v.1.42) can be downloaded from [url]http://ocd.juventas.net[/url].

Guest Guest

Hi Paul,

Many thanks for the tips on tracks with lyrics. I have modified your suggestions to identify 'classic' tracks with an icon immediately to the right. What I have done is use the 'track author' field, omitting the brackets and line-break. If it is a 'Classic track', I put CT in the 'author' field (which I don't really ever use)...
    However, is there a way that I can further modify this to show a different (or additional) icon for, say, one of my own 'favourite tracks' (FT)? I need to be able to say something like:
    "If trackauthor includes the value FT... or CT, then a particular icon should show". How do I show an 'if value' argument (not being a megastar at HTML or whatever this is?!).... Is it possible?

Malc

Guest Guest

Please note, I am not a guest, but a member! It's just that my password somehow won't get accepted any more! I have e-mailed Andrei for a solution, but no joy yet...

Hi Malcolm

If I've understood your question right, you would have to pass the <!--[trackauthor]--> value to a javascript, and have the javascript select the correct icon based on the value found in <!--[trackauthor]-->.

This is one way of doing iit:

1. Add the following code to the head section of the Album page:

--------------------------------------------------------
    <script language="javascript">

Malcolm wrote:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Paul, it all works really well. Thanks ever so much for your trouble. In fact I have now added a line that will show TWO icons (CT and FT) side-by-side if they occur together, and I have started using icons elsewhere, too. Like a Videocassette icon instead of showing just 'VC', followed by the VC number the album is stored on, and an Audiocassette one.... and a Minidisc one!! Going icon crazy, I will probably add the facility to show a guitar icon for tracks with top solos - the possibilities are endless now I know what to do. That is, if writing housing development brochures, or ads to recruit 'Junior Surveyors' for Milton Keynes council doesn't get in the way!! Ain't life interesting....

I wonder if Andrei has any plans for additional icons under the 'miscellaneous properties' tab for albums? I could certainly use a couple more that are clearly identifiable (perhaps for Minidisc, for VC and for AC). At the moment I make do (don't we all). Could I add them somehow, or is this something that's buried too deep for amateur exploration?!

Regards,
    Malcolm
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Malcolm
    I'm glad it worked out. Using icons like that sounds like a great idea.

I have no idea what Andrei's plans are. But so far I have simply created my own icons/images, placed them in the OrangeCD folder, and then added a reference to them in my code.