Thread: Auto 'last updated' field?

Default Auto 'last updated' field?

It would be really useful to be able to identify which albums have been up-dated since I last printed off a report, or saved something to HTML. A date field that would automatically register when the record had been last edited.

Is there any way of tweaking a theme in the current build to return such a value, maybe using the 're-issue' field? Sounds like one for Paul (as the forum's resident scripting genius!).....

Default Re: Auto 'last updated' field?

I can't see that using any existing field would add this function. Unless of course your are willing to manually fill out that particular field each time you edit an album.

I'm sure Andrei has a RegDate and a ModDate deep down in his database structure. So the obvious solution would be to have him expose these values by providing us with <!--[regdate]--> and <!--[moddate--]> tags.

You would then be able to use these tags in your .dax files to extract a subset of entries in your music collection.

Now, keeping track of when you last printed a report or saved something to HTML would require adding another date to the database. Although you could keep track of this yourself simply by stamping the current date into your HTML output/print report.

I agree that it would be nice to have the RegDate and ModDate values available.
    So what do you say, Andrei?