Thread: Suggested Features

Default Suggested Features

???
    Sometime ago I suggested some new statisticals features to Andrei to include in OrangeCD. Basically I asked if the following could be included:
    1. Last Played: The last time a CD was played (Date)
    2. Most Played: The total time a CD was played (Accumaltive time)
    At that time Andrei had informed me that he will add the suggested features to the requested items and that he would include them in a future update. I have been using a player named CDMP for many years and although it is not sofisticated it is simple to use and has these features.
    I am not a regisetered user of Orange CD as before I migrate to Orange Cd I would like to have the above features.

Recently I send an email to Andrei asking him if these features have been implemented in Version 6.00. However I did not have a reply from him.

I would appreciate if somebody would let me know if these features are available in version 6 beta.

Regards & Thanks

Default Re: Suggested Features

In latest build, 9427, there are two new fields: Last Played and Total Play Time. Both are available for displaying in a table view or printing.

To find out what are the most played albums, you'll need to add column for Total Play Time, sort by that column, and look at the top of the list.

Initially both fields are empty, so you actually need to play CD albums using OrangeCD Player first to collect some statistics.

Andrei

8)

Andrei,

T H A N K S !!!

This is great news.

Is it possible to let me have a 30 day trial version of build 9427 so that I can try it out.

Regards & Thanks again

Joe

I responded by e-mail, check you mailbox.

Andrei

Andrei

Thanks for your email.

I downloaded the beta from the link indicated in the email about an hour ago. I installed Orange CD without any problems. I tried some CDs and the program worked perfectly. I also included the Last Played/Total Play Time in the columns as suggested. They seem to be updating OK.

I will try it out for a few days and I will let you have my feedback.

Regards & Thanks again

Joe

Hello Andrei,

I've been using OrangeCD for the last four days and I have not encountered any serious problems. I am getting accustomed to the menus and program.

I have a question? I don't know if it is possible to make a custom field with the Total Time Played from my CDMP data (data to be inputted manually for every CD) and then have another Custom field which adds up both times.

Your feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks

Regards

Joe

Hi Joe,

That sounds pretty hard to achieve. First, custom fields cannot hold time values. Even if you manage to enter times in H:MM:SS format, they will not compare or export as good as the "real" time fields.

And suming up two fields together is also something not achievable with current functionality...

Andrei

Andrei,

Thanks for your reply.

It would have been nice to continue with my old data. I will use one of the customs fields to input the CDMP Total Play Time just for info only.

I will continue to get accustomed to the program for a few weeks. I will be getting a new computer by the end of this month. Then I will get a registration code for the new computer.

Regards & Thanks

Joe

Hello Andrei,

I have been using OrangeCd for about 12 days now. I have scanned about 100 CDs (750 more to go). I did not encounter any serious problems and the program works fine.

One small problem that I encountered is when swapping names beginning with THE. Example The Grateful Dead is sorted as "Grateful Dead , The" and not "Grateful Dead, The". I cannot remove the space between "Dead" and ",".

I would also like to suggest three more features (which I'm sure already have been suggested by other users).

1. The "tracks" searching.

2. The ability to have for example "Deja Vu" by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young listed in Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young and also under David Crosby, Stephen Stills, Graham Nash and Neil Young respectively.

3. The ability to make a playlist from a combination of two or three CDs.

Furthermore (back to my old problem). Is it possible to make one of the customs field to be in time format( H:MM:SS format ); maybe in the future there will be a function to add time fields.

Regards and Thanks for your patience and excellent work.

Joe