Thread: Version 5.0.2 ... search bug?

Default Version 5.0.2 ... search bug?

On my first visit to this Forum I found an answer to a question I was going to ask about searching for a song title.

Unfortunately, the suggested method did not work for me.

My example:
    Advanced search:title begins with reminisc
    result ... no match found. :'(

I repeated the search in the second database I had to create to get all of my CDs into a database (see "Is there a ...").

Actually I knew Reminiscing by Buddy Holly exists on one of my Various Artists CDs, so perhaps the search is case-sensitive. Capitalized it and tried again with the same result.

Am I (still) doing something wrong, or have I found a bug in a version that has recently been obsoleted? Perhaps the "Begins with" intends the user to enter the complete word, instead of merely the first part of the word. Or is it truly a bug that may remain in the version just released? ???

Default Re: Version 5.0.2 ... search bug?

The New Version was just releasesed yesterday and I have not had time to Play with it much.But will try the Search out later.

I have never had a Problem with the Search Feature before.....has worked everytime as far as I can remember.

GooRoo,

If you are looking for a song, you need to use Track Title field instead of Title, because Title refers to the entire album. The query should look like this:

Track Title - begins with - Remini

And yes, you do not have to enter a complete word. The first few letters of it are sufficient.

Andrei

Thank You, FireTongue! I guess my problem was that I was too impatient ... grabbed at the first likely option, rather than taking the time to search for the best option. Your reply encourages me though, in knowing that 'partial word' search works.