Thread: Problems obtaining CD information

Default Problems obtaining CD information

I've been having the same problem in recent weeks (frustrating to the point where I've stopped using what I've only recently paid for!).

Every time I put in a CD and ask it to Scan CD-Rom I get the following error message:

"Errors
    Some errors while processing the requested tasks. Please review the list of errors below for more details.

ERRORS
    Task: CD info download (ID=0x430d3e18)
    SESSION LOG
    Connecting to freedb.freedb.org"

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can resolve this problem?

Default Re: Problems obtaining CD information

This error means that connection to the FreeDB server failed. If all other Internet sites work on your computer, then the problem should be in firewall settings. Make sure OrangeCD applications are allowed to connect to freedb.org servers.

If this is not a firewall, then it could be temporary server outage. In this case the problem will fix itself in several hours.

Andrei

Guest Guest

Andrei,

"If all other Internet sites work on your computer, then the problem should be in firewall settings."

All other sites do work. How do I amend the firewall settings? I have Norton Internet Security 2004.

"If this is not a firewall, then it could be temporary server outage. In this case the problem will fix itself in several hours. "

Must be firewall as this has been going on for weeks. However, I'm positive that I've "allowed" access whenever asked by Norton.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately I am not familiar with Norton Internet Security, so I cannot suggest a solution off-hand. You can try to disable NIS for a minute and try to download some disc, if it works, then it's firewall problem for sure. (Don't forget to turn NIS back on!)

Also, you can try changing default freedb.freedb.org server to a different one (select from drop-down on Internet page of Preferences). Maybe this will help.

Andrei