Thread: Bitrate/Duration export field to txt

Guest Guest

Default Bitrate/Duration export field to txt

After several programs tried, I found this <thumbs up!> ;D

Only 1 thing:
    If I want to export to a txt file (excell), I can't export the field bitrate (and album duration), while it is possible if you export to html.

Maybe there is a possibility to import this (or more detailed fields for other users?) in future?

(If this allready is an suggestion, sorry, I searched quite well to all suggest features)

Thanks &amp; good luck!!

Default Re: Bitrate/Duration export field to txt

I'm curious to now how you're able to extract the bitrate (track or album) when exporting to html. As far as I can see neither the <!--[Bitrate/]--> nor the <!--[TrackBitrate/]--> command will provide any information.

If I create a template (.dax) with the following content in the StartPage (and all the other tabs blank):

<!--[Album(all,artist,title)]-->
    <!--[Artist/]--> - <!--[Title/]--> - <!--[Albumtime/]--> - [ <!--[Bitrate/]--> kbps ] <br />
    <!--[Volume]-->
    <!--[VolumeName/]-->
    <!--[Track]-->
    - <!--[TrackNum/]-->. <!--[TrackTitle/]--> - <!--[TrackArtist/]--> - <!--[TrackTime/]--> - [ <!--[TrackBitrate/]--> kbps ]<br />
    <!--[/Track]-->
    <!--[/Volume]-->
    <!--[/Album]-->

This is what I get as a result when I run the template file (Tools &#124; Export to HTML...):

4 Non Blondes - Bigger, Better, Faster, More! - 41:06 - [ kbps ]
    - 1. Train - - 3:43 - [ kbps ]
    - 2. Superfly - - 4:37 - [ kbps ]
    - 3. What's Up - - 4:55 - [ kbps ]
    - 4. Pleasantly Blue - - 2:28 - [ kbps ]
    - 5. Morphine And Chocolate - - 4:43 - [ kbps ]
    - 6. Spaceman - - 3:40 - [ kbps ]
    - 7. Old Mr. Heffer - - 2:16 - [ kbps ]
    - 8. Calling All The People - - 3:17 - [ kbps ]
    - 9. Dear Mr. President - - 4:43 - [ kbps ]
    - 10. Drifting - - 3:31 - [ kbps ]
    - 11. No Place Like Home - - 3:08 - [ kbps ]

As you can see - NO BITRATES.

By the way - you can always create an ordinary text file using the Export to HTML-function. Just leave out the html-tags in the template code, and then change the resulting file's extension from .html to .txt.

Guest Guest

I ment the overview in the HTML list, like this:

Label:
    Format: MP3
    Date: 1990
    Genre:
    Live/studio: Studio
    Audio: Stereo
    Bitrate: 192 Kbps
    Custom Field 1: CCX

Track listing:
    1. Track 1
    2. Track 2 3:46
    3. Track 3 3:44

Total time: 0:00

In some cases the bitrate is given like this: "~215" (or whatever) (VBR), but that doesn't matter.
    So it is not necessarily that I want the bitrate of _each_ song (maybe a point for in future?), just want "the average" of the album ('cause in my situation, all songs have the same bitrate, or VBR higher than ~150 kbps).
    And if I change the extension from HTML to TXT, I will not be able to import it in excell .

What I ment was that you can use the Export to HTML-function to create an ordinary text file, which you then could import into Excel, if that's what you want to do.

All you need is a template (.dax file) which contains no HTML tags. You can either make one yourself from scratch or strip an existing template (like for instance CMI Style.dax) - using the DaxEdit utility that comes with OrangeCD (or a plain text editor).

When you run Export to HTML, remember to fill in TXT in the File Extension field (TXT is not listed in the dropdown, but there's nothing to prevent you from writing TXT). And out comes a file with a .txt extension. Provided that you've run a template without HTML tags, you'll end up with a plain text file, which Excel should be able to import.

When it comes to the album time and bit rate tags, take a look at the topic: Mp3 Tag Recognision Issue ([url]http://www.firetongue.com/boards/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=orangecd_general;action=display;num= 1105109145;start=2#2[/url])