Right... I sorted my problems out that I was having with OrangeCD and Nortons AV.

I managed to exclude the database.dab file from it's auto protect facility. Basicall waht was happening was that every time Orange CD accessed the database, Nortons then scanned it (it's an 18MB on my system not including images!) causing the program to run very slow.

Here's what I did for future reference. Information from [url]http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/d4578f66d8f00a0188256d4e006aaa94/c829006aa01d540b852565a6007770d8?OpenDocument& prod=Norton%20AntiVirus&ver=2004%20for%20Windo ws%202000/Me/98/XP&src=sg&pcode=nav&svy=&csm=no[/url]

In Norton AntiVirus 2003, 2004 or 2005, you can add exclusions to either Auto-Protect or the manual virus scan.

1. Start Norton AntiVirus. If Norton AntiVirus is installed as part of Norton SystemWorks or Norton Internet Security, then start that program.
2. Click Options. Click Norton AntiVirus if you see a menu.
3. On the left screen, click Auto-Protect > Exclusions.
4. On the right screen, click New.
5. Type the path to the file, folder, or drive that you want to exclude, or click the browse button and browse to and select the file, folder, or drive.
6. To exclude a folder, you must type the path and folder name in the Item box.
7. If you are running Windows 98/Me, then select the type of activity that you want to exclude by checking the appropriate box in the Exclude from section.
8. If you are running Windows 2000/XP, then you will only be able to exclude the file, folder, or drive from virus detection only.
9. On the left Options screen, click Manual Scan > Exclusions.
Repeat steps 4 through 7.
10. Click OK, and then close the Options for Norton AntiVirus window.

All should then be well. Note that is you do a full system scan then Nortons will still scan it as normal