Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sTrimming extra spaces

Guest Guest

Default sTrimming extra spaces

Is there a way to prevent the program from automatically trimming out extra spaces from with in song-titles and such? Sometimes I like to space out special characteristics from the song titles (i.e., "Got The Life (Live)" as oppose to "Got the Life (Live)"), but the program automatically cuts the three spaces down to one. I'd much rather have the spaces then having something like a dash inbetween. Does anyone know how to turn off this function?

Thanks

Default Re: sTrimming extra spaces

This is most likely due to the fact that HTML by default does not preserve spacing.
    To preserve spacing you would have to modify the theme (or template) you're using by wrapping the <pre>...</pre> tag around the track (and/or album) title.

Something like this:
    <pre><!--[tracktitle/]--></pre>

I haven't tried this, but I think it should work.

Tried this. Doesn't seem to work, unless I'm doing something wrong. Thanks for the suggestion anyways.

I just tried, and it worked fine. The <pre>-tag preserves spacing. I added extra spaces to album titles, artist names and track names, and they were all displayed in OCD with the extra spaces.

I used a copy of the Crisp-Play theme, but this can be done to any OCD theme.

Hey,

Can you give me better instructions on how to do this, because everytime I try it, it doesn't seem to work. I enter in the Disc properties the song name with <pre> before it and </pre> after it (something like this: <pre>Jimmy James (Original Version)</pre>) but when I hit set, it displays the name just as that, but without extra spaces!!! >

Thanks for the help, Bud!

You have to edit the theme itself. In other words you must locate the Daxexit.exe utility which comes with OCD. Daxedit will allow you to edit the theme of your choice, for instance Crisp.dax.

In Daxedit you'll find that the theme is split into several tabs. You're primarily interested in the Start , Album and Track tabs. That's where you want to search for the album title, track title and artist name.

The track title tag looks like this:<!--[tracktitle/]-->.
    You need to wrap the track title tag in a set of <pre></pre> tags, like this:
    <pre><!--[tracktitle/]--></pre>.

If this makes no sense to you, send me your email address and I'll return some screen shots to help you along.

Paul,
    Would this modification allow boldface and italics in fields like the Note field?

What i'd like to do is insert <B>word to be bold-faced</B> in the Notes field or other to get the Bold, or Underlined, or Italicized effect.

Bob

Thanks Paul,

I tried this out and it seemed to work for the spaces, but it changed my font in the process. I don't know if there is a way to work around this, but I don't really like mucking around with that stuff anyways, cuz I really don't know what I'm doing. The spaces are no big deal anyways, but I appreciate your help.
    Thanks a bunch.

Hi rcarljohnson

If you mean including HTML tags inside the Notes field, I'm afraid it won't work.

However if you want the entire content of the Notes field to be, for instance underlined, I'm quite sure that wrapping the OCD Notes field tag (<!--[Comment]-->) in HTML underline tags (<u><!--[Comment]--></u>) would do the trick.

Hi zombie0

You're right. The <pre> tag will turn everything into a monospaced font, like Courier New.

However, I assume that one can force the <pre> element to use a different font by adding a CSS style specifying the desired font, but I've never actually tried doing that.

Here's an example:

<style type="text/css">
    <!--
    pre {font-family:arial; font-size:8 pt; color: darkblue}
    -->
    </style>