Thread: 30 Character Limit reading tags?

Guest Guest

Default 30 Character Limit reading tags?

Album and track titles are being read from the media tags.
    They are fine in many other applications, but OrangeCD is only importing/reading 30 characters of these particular data fields. Can I correct this or is this a static feature?

OrangeCD Suite
    Version 5.2.0 Build 7523

Default Re: 30 Character Limit reading tags?

Hi Nivaboom,

It is most likely due to embedded ID3v.1 tags. Try unchecking ID3v.1 option in "Scan Media Files" dialog box.

Andrei

Guest Guest

kk

I'll try that now. I'm converting all tags to ID3 Ver 2.4 on an album and seeing what happens. I also have ID3 Ver 2.3 available for testing. We'll see.

I'll return correspondence as soon as I find something concrete.

Guest Guest

Greetings Andrei

I unchecked the option to check ID3v.1 on scan. It appears as though v2.3 and v2.4 are not being recognized by OrangeCD. I've tried both separately.

The resulting scan is rendering the nearly all fields as "Unknown" and/or blank. If need be, I can link up some screenshots of my results. Thanks for any further assistance. 8)

What software are you using for ID3 tagging? I've noticed some discrepancies between tags produced by different programs.

It would be perfect if you can send me at [email]orangecd@firetongue.com[/email] some small tagged file that produces a problem in OrangeCD. I will debug it right away.

Andrei

Guest Guest

- Tag&Rename (v3.1.7)
    - ID3-TagIt (v3.3.0)

Those are the two programs I utilize to tag my files. I'll email a sample MP3 file to the address provided. Thanks again for your correspondence.

Guest Guest

In the event it is of assistance, I sent the email (with the attachment) 11 minutes after my previous post. I look forward to further correspondence. Thanks.

Guest Guest

*coughs*

After I sent the requested email correspondence, this support session halted. ^.^ The above mentioned dilemna still affects my project. Further assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi,

this problem is now fixed. Next daily build should be able to read your mp3 correctly. Thanks for your help with debugging.

Andrei

Guest Guest

Yay!!! ;D

Thanks hon. :-*