Thread: Various Artists listings

Guest Guest

Default Various Artists listings

Is there a way to move artist information (in the newer versions of OrangeCD) from the title line to the artist line without retyping everything? I have a substantial amount of discs under the Various Artists heading, and most of them were added before the changed format. I've tried "extract artist" and that doesn't seem to work. Thanks very much for your help.

Default Re: Various Artists listings

You may need to do a combination of 'extract artists' and 'swap'. I also have many 'Various Artists' CDs, and found several of them to have Artists where Track should be, and vice-versa ... enter 'swap'.

Guest Guest

I tried what you suggested, and by trial and error, found this out: go to a track, highlight the artist, then go to swap, click, and the whole CD gets swapped perfectly! All the artists go to the artist section, and the titles stay right where they are! Thanks!

I am happy with the features of this program, and 'swap' along with the FreeDB access were the things that made me open up my wallet. I'm glad that my scanty knowledge of the program helped someone out.

BTW, I searched for months for software in music and software stores for a cataloging program, and wouldn't pay a plugged nickle for the best that I found. The Internet led me to this program, and it actually does more than what I needed!