Thanks for the help. I attached the output file accordingly... I installed itunes to see if I could get this working and I think it screwed up some of the directory structure, but you should get a good idea of how I keep things: Artist\Album\Tracknumber - songtitle.mp3 (Spaces between the dash for track# and songtitle)

It has taken me many days to get everything organized how I like it and really don't want to change things if possible.

phorbin1128
Hi phorbin1128

That makes perfect sense. There's no reason to switch to iTunes as long as you're able to establish a consistent naming convention of your own choice.

I've modified the CMI Play template, and will shortly send it to you by email. Please try it out and let me know how it works.

Nice collection you've got there, by the way. I took a quick look at the list you sent me, and it does look like iTunes has messed things up a bit.

For instance:

- iTunes does not accept trailing periods in artist names or album titles, and will replace the period with an underscore. Hence 'R.E.M_','Run-D.M.C_', 'Sammy Davis Jr_'.

- iTunes only allows 40 characters in the artist name, 40 charaters in the album title, and 36 charcaters in the track title. Hence 'WCBS-FM 101.1 The Ultimate Christmas Alb', 'Original Soundtrack_ Saturday Night Feve'