PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10

ronaldg
07-30-2015, 01:59 PM
Andrei
Is there a way to use the new Windows 10 audio player called "Groove" instead of "Windows Media" for the OCD default audio player?

Thanks
Ron

Jazz_North
07-31-2015, 10:21 AM
You can change the media player by going to View -> Preferences -> Media (click on right arrow next to the tabs in Preferences to get to Media). I do not know what you need to put in the command line to use Groove because I don't know the location of the Groove application in Windows 10, but you should be able to find that out. Here is the command line I use when I want to have iTunes as the default:

"C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" "%1"

Andrei
Is there a way to use the new Windows 10 audio player called "Groove" instead of "Windows Media" for the OCD default audio player?

Thanks
Ron

ronaldg
08-05-2015, 03:02 PM
Thanks Jazz_North, but the problem is I can't find the Groove.exe location within Win10.

Jazz_North
08-05-2015, 09:02 PM
Yeah, I thought that might be a problem. And I don't have Windows 10 so I would be no help. However, it may may not be groove.exe. Groove.exe is an application file name that is part of the Groove Virtual Office setup that runs on windows. I assume you have tried right clicking on the Groove program name in the start menu and choosing properties, but maybe that doesn't work in Windows 10.

Thanks Jazz_North, but the problem is I can't find the Groove.exe location within Win10.

Jazz_North
08-10-2015, 11:22 PM
Since Groove is just an update of Xbox Music which is an update of zune, you might try finding one of those application names.