PDA

View Full Version : Playlist

Joebugs
03-22-2012, 08:30 AM
I don't know if this is possible with OrangeCd!!!

I have two internal CD/DVD drives and an external CD/BluRay drive (three drives).

I would like to make a playlist from 3 CDs in the drives!!

For example I have the 3CD Queen greatest hits compilation. I would like to make a playlist choosing tracks from the 3CDs placed in drives D;E;G.

If it is possible, can someone please let me know how to go about it.

Thanks

frederf
03-22-2012, 05:59 PM
I could be wrong, but I don't think OCD is going to do this, but here is a freeware option that I use and it should do what you are asking....

http://playlist-creator.soft32.com/

Fred

Joebugs
03-22-2012, 06:40 PM
I could be wrong, but I don't think OCD is going to do this, but here is a freeware option that I use and it should do what you are asking....

Fred

Thanks, I'll try it out

Joebugs
03-23-2012, 10:54 AM

Fred

Hi Fred,

Ok I downloaded the Playlist-creator and created a playlist.

My problem now is how to import it/use it in Orange CD.

Please can you help?

Thanks

Joe

BLOWERS
03-24-2012, 10:06 AM
Hi Fred,

Ok I downloaded the Playlist-creator and created a playlist.

My problem now is how to import it/use it in Orange CD.

Please can you help?

Thanks

Joe

Make a folder on your PC called 'Playlists'. Scan it in OCD and each M3U playlist will appear as a track. That's what I do...

Joebugs
03-24-2012, 11:53 AM
Make a folder on your PC called 'Playlists'. Scan it in OCD and each M3U playlist will appear as a track. That's what I do...

Thanks, I'll try

Joebugs
04-06-2012, 11:33 AM
Thanks, I'll try

Hi Blowers,

I can't make this work.

What I would like to do is:

Place three CDs in drives D, E & G.

Select tracks from the CDs and make a playlist with Playlist Creator (or any other program).

Save the playlist and play the selected tracks with OrangeCD player.

Joe

Jazz_North
04-06-2012, 05:01 PM

There must be more to than that. I created a playlist using OCD, called arriale.m3u. It is in folder E:/Jazz Data/Playlists, as are two other playlists created by OCD.

When I "scan" this folder in OCD using Album -> Add media files

I get the message "No media files were found"

So what do you do that I didn't do? For the record the playlist works just fine as a playlist in both JetAudio and iTunes.

Joebugs
04-06-2012, 05:15 PM
There must be more to than that. I created a playlist using OCD, called arriale.m3u. It is in folder E:/Jazz Data/Playlists, as are two other playlists created by OCD.

When I "scan" this folder in OCD using Album -> Add media files

I get the message "No media files were found"

So what do you do that I didn't do? For the record the playlist works just fine as a playlist in both JetAudio and iTunes.

Same here. I got the same message. And the playlist works fine in Windows Meida too.

BLOWERS
04-07-2012, 10:24 AM
Hi folks. In the menu View/Preferences/Media, have you added m3u as a recognized media file type? I have. Maybe that's the problem...

Joebugs
04-07-2012, 11:14 AM
Hi folks. In the menu View/Preferences/Media, have you added m3u as a recognized media file type? I have. Maybe that's the problem...

Thanks for your reply.

Ok, I added m3u as a recognised media file and scanned the folder. OrangeCD created an artist named OrangeCD and an album called Playlists?????

Is there any way to evade this. I would like the play list to be displayed as part of the box set!!!

BLOWERS
04-07-2012, 11:40 AM
Thanks for your reply.

Ok, I added m3u as a recognised media file and scanned the folder. OrangeCD created an artist named OrangeCD and an album called Playlists?????

Is there any way to evade this. I would like the play list to be displayed as part of the box set!!!

In that case, why not copy your m3u file into the folder on your hard drive where the box set is, then re-scan. It should show as an extra track...

Jazz_North
04-07-2012, 11:52 AM

That does it. Thanks

Joebugs
04-07-2012, 01:15 PM
In that case, why not copy your m3u file into the folder on your hard drive where the box set is, then re-scan. It should show as an extra track...

Ok thanks, but how do you do that?? My playlist is from CD tracks not media files !!!!

BLOWERS
04-08-2012, 09:12 AM
Now you've got me!

Jazz_North
04-08-2012, 01:20 PM
Ok thanks, but how do you do that?? My playlist is from CD tracks not media files !!!!

That shouldn't make a difference because what you want to bring into OCD is the file myplaylist.m3u and OCD doesn't care what the content of this file is. (Assuming you have added m3u to the list of media types.) OCD will add it even if it isn't a real playlist, as long as the extension is m3u (or pls if you added that, too). Here is a real playlist that I created with Playlist Creator (it doesn't seem to get any info from a cd other than track number). D is my cd drive and cda is the file extension of cd tracks.

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:0, - -
D:\Track04.cda
#EXTINF:408,Considerations 1- 1972-1976 - 5 - Solo
..\..\Jazz CDs\Bill Dixon\Dixon_Solo.mp3
D:\Track09.cda
#EXTINF:276,Providencia - 3 - Historia de un Amor
..\..\Jazz CDs\Danilo Perez\Providencia\Providencia_Danilo Perez_03_Historia de un Amor.mp3

which I not only was able to scan into OCD, but now have playing using Windows Media through OCD.

However you may find that your media player does not really like playlists with *.cda files. I found that iTunes and JetAudio will simply strip out all the *.cda entries. Windows Media seems to work fine with playlists that include *.cda entries, even when called by a Play from OCD (though you have to do it twice in OCD for some reason - the first time it just plays some random track from the media library).

Added: Having finally checked it out, I should add that MediaMonkey also handles playlists with cda files just fine.

Joebugs
04-08-2012, 06:06 PM
That shouldn't make a difference because what you want to bring into OCD is the file myplaylist.m3u and OCD doesn't care what the content of this file is. (Assuming you have added m3u to the list of media types.) OCD will add it even if it isn't a real playlist, as long as the extension is m3u (or pls if you added that, too). Here is a real playlist that I created with Playlist Creator (it doesn't seem to get any info from a cd other than track number). D is my cd drive and cda is the file extension of cd tracks.

#EXTM3U
D:\Track04.cda
#EXTINF:408,Considerations 1- 1972-1976 - 5 - Solo
..\..\Jazz CDs\Bill Dixon\Dixon_Solo.mp3
D:\Track09.cda
#EXTINF:276,Providencia - 3 - Historia de un Amor
..\..\Jazz CDs\Danilo Perez\Providencia\Providencia_Danilo Perez_03_Historia de un Amor.mp3

which I not only was able to scan into OCD, but now have playing using Windows Media through OCD.

However you may find that your media player does not really like playlists with *.cda files. I found that iTunes and JetAudio will simply strip out all the *.cda entries. Windows Media seems to work fine with playlists that include *.cda entries, even when called by a Play from OCD (though you have to do it twice in OCD for some reason - the first time it just plays some random track from the media library).

Added: Having finally checked it out, I should add that MediaMonkey also handles playlists with cda files just fine.

Thanks, it works fine. But I still can't get rid of the OrangeCD playlist folder with the artists. What I would have liked is having the playlist as a field in the album properties page!!

Jazz_North
04-08-2012, 06:12 PM
Sorry joebugs - I misunderstood your message. But the info about which players will accept cda files in playlists is useful anyway, I think.

Joebugs
04-08-2012, 08:26 PM
Sorry joebugs - I misunderstood your message. But the info about which players will accept cda files in playlists is useful anyway, I think.

No problem. Your info was very useful and can be helpful for other users too.

Thanks