PDA

View Full Version : 6.4.7.16830

Joebugs
12-30-2011, 11:32 AM
Downloaded and installed new version.

Comments:

Discogs API 2.0 support: Worked well for me. Registering is easy and fast.

Track Grouping: Worked well for me. Bug solved.

ID3v2.2: Sorry did not test. I use OrangeCD for CDs & Vinyl only.

Played time: Although Played time was updated it isn't working well. I played part of a CD for about ten minutes. Played time added was for whole CD playing time, 74 minutes. Sending bug report.

Andrei thanks for the improvements. OrangeCD keeps getting better; well worth the wait.

Jazz_North
12-30-2011, 03:24 PM
Also installed the new version. The only change of interest to me was the grouping variables and they work just as I hoped they would. Now the only problem is the several thousand albums that have to be updated.

frederf
12-31-2011, 12:18 AM
Installed fine... disapointed not seeing the playlist option added ;O(
It had been mentioned over the past year as being worked on for the the next release... what happened?

Fred

BLOWERS
12-31-2011, 09:39 AM
Installed fine... disapointed not seeing the playlist option added ;O(
It had been mentioned over the past year as being worked on for the the next release... what happened?

Fred
Likewise! I know we all want different things, but this was promised, Oh well... back to Media Monkey I guess. For playlists, anyway. Happy New Year everyone!

dancop
01-03-2012, 11:31 PM
I have problem with this version. Kaspersky antivirus reports that the file is infected with Backdoor.Win32.Poison.ddhx

The path reported is: orgcdfull.exe//data0027.res/OrangeCD_Suite_Installer.exe//data0010//PE_Patch//ASProtect

I think it is some false positive resulting from use of encrypion/protection algorithms, but please could you check it carefully? Don't want to install backdoor on my machine :)

Poohbear
01-04-2012, 09:05 PM
Does the new build have more sort options, would it be possible now to sort artists by their primary name in the content menu ie Kate Bush would appear as Kate Bush, but be sorted by last name ie BUSH, Kate.
I've posted on this subject before
http://www.firetongue.com/boards/showthread.php?t=7907
so any update would be most welcome

andrei_c
01-05-2012, 05:59 AM
I have problem with this version. Kaspersky antivirus reports that the file is infected with Backdoor.Win32.Poison.ddhx

The path reported is: orgcdfull.exe//data0027.res/OrangeCD_Suite_Installer.exe//data0010//PE_Patch//ASProtect

I think it is some false positive resulting from use of encrypion/protection algorithms, but please could you check it carefully? Don't want to install backdoor on my machine :)

It is false positive. Encryption algorithm caused it. Ironic part is that OrangeCD doesn't even use this protection anymore! It is included as part of automatic license upgrade for user convenience.

Out of curiosity, can you check the following installer with your build of Kaspersky? It was created next day:
http://orangecd.s3.amazonaws.com/orgcdfull_mp3fix.exe

andrei_c
01-05-2012, 06:00 AM
Does the new build have more sort options, would it be possible now to sort artists by their primary name in the content menu ie Kate Bush would appear as Kate Bush, but be sorted by last name ie BUSH, Kate.
I've posted on this subject before
http://www.firetongue.com/boards/showthread.php?t=7907
so any update would be most welcome

No, it's not done yet.

BLOWERS
01-08-2012, 08:53 AM
Likewise! I know we all want different things, but this was promised, Oh well... back to Media Monkey I guess. For playlists, anyway. Happy New Year everyone!

Andrei,

Can you give us an idea of exactly where the playlist creation feature actually does sit in your list of priorities? And roughly when you would hope to deliver it? I know you can't be definite in regard to timings, but a clue would be extremely helpful! If you're not serious about it, or if there is a major problem in development, I would love to know. Because I don't want to do loads of work on my collection twice...

dancop
01-09-2012, 08:56 PM
Out of curiosity, can you check the following installer with your build of Kaspersky? It was created next day:
http://orangecd.s3.amazonaws.com/orgcdfull_mp3fix.exe

This one downloads without any warnings. Good job :)

gurnemanz
01-10-2012, 08:04 PM
I have applied the new track grouping feature to a couple of symphonic CDs and the results look great. However, when I uploaded to Racks and Tags to see how this grouping was handled there, I found that the name of the track group does not appear at all. That the Racks and Tags tracklisting now does not include the name of the work would seem to be a slight drawback, as illustrated here:

http://www.racksandtags.com/rogpo/64500/Andrew-Penny-Symphonies-1%2C2

It is just a list of the composer's tempo markings. I suppose I could leave the name of the work with the track as at present, but this seems to defeat the object of naming a group in the first place. Alas, this and the sheer amount of labour involved in retrospectively applying the grouping to hundreds of albums will probably deter me from using what is essentially a very good feature.

andrei_c
01-16-2012, 08:08 AM
Can you give us an idea of exactly where the playlist creation feature actually does sit in your list of priorities? And roughly when you would hope to deliver it? I know you can't be definite in regard to timings, but a clue would be extremely helpful! If you're not serious about it, or if there is a major problem in development, I would love to know. Because I don't want to do loads of work on my collection twice...

It's in build 6.4.8.16916. Under Media Tools, there's Export Playlist command. Perhaps it is not a perfect implementation, but should work for basic needs.

BLOWERS
01-16-2012, 11:32 AM
It's in build 6.4.8.16916. Under Media Tools, there's Export Playlist command. Perhaps it is not a perfect implementation, but should work for basic needs.

Thanks Andrei - that's a great start! It seems to work fine. I guess the next step is to create a field(s) in the 'Track' properties that automatically fills with the newly-created playlist's name. So you can see at a glance what playlists an individual track is on. Ideally, too, I want to be able to run a search that lists the tracks in a playlist. But... this is a good start!