PDA

View Full Version : How well does it work with large collections?

Sarithz
10-06-2011, 01:32 AM
I've been collecting music for years and even DJ'd tracks and such. My library is just about 25 GB shy of a terrabyte with thousands of files. How well is the database perfromace with the software?

I am in dire need of something to help me keep track and would love to hear any feedback from other users is my boat.

andrei_c
10-06-2011, 09:56 PM
In OrangeCD, it does not matter what is size of your music collection in GB. Only number of albums matter.

Also note that there is a known performance issue that has very easy workaround:
http://www.firetongue.com/boards/showthread.php?t=6901#2

After you performed these steps, you should see no performance problems up until 100,000s of albums.

Andrei

pumpkino
10-09-2011, 03:54 PM
Hi all -

It works incredibly fast. I have a pretty middle-of-the-road computer, and have close to 50,000 albums listed. I don't use the built-in player, but have it linked to foobar and it responds immediately. This is with 6 external drives as well - any slowness is my system, not OrangeCD.

I have 5 different databases within Orange CD, and switching between one and another even takes less than 20 seconds.

I can't say enough.