PDA

View Full Version : Difference between "Company" and "Label" fields

rw@cn
08-19-2011, 04:08 PM
I am new to OrangeCD but have managed to understand and (where necessary) modify the different aspects.

The one thing that I haven't decided yet is how to treat the company and label fields. I would think that Sony would be the company and Columbia the label. There are also instances of reissues where this counld be a bit sticky. I would appreciate any input so that I can be consistent when I really start inputting my collection.

Thanks

Rob
09-12-2011, 09:35 PM
I am new to OrangeCD but have managed to understand and (where necessary) modify the different aspects.

The one thing that I haven't decided yet is how to treat the company and label fields. I would think that Sony would be the company and Columbia the label. There are also instances of reissues where this counld be a bit sticky. I would appreciate any input so that I can be consistent when I really start inputting my collection.

Thanks

Correct - SONY is a company that owns many labels. I would think that reissues should list the issue you own. In some instances, I've put info regarding the original issue in the notes - in my case reissued SA-CD recordings originally issued on vinyl back in the 50's.