PDA

View Full Version : Feature request: parameterized search

Balok
01-02-2011, 10:41 PM
I have a particular type of search that I run a lot - for tracks by track title. Each time I have to operate all the dialog controls even though I use the same settings: 'Track Title' and 'contains' for example.

I'd like the ability to save most of a search, and have Orange prompt me for the missing parts. In this example, that would be the Track Title. Other examples would certainly be possible.

Jazz_North
01-03-2011, 12:06 AM
This would certainly be one of my top requests, too. I know that the searches I most often make are for track titles and for artists (sidemen). A pain to have to start from scratch each time if I am doing a series of searches.

I have a particular type of search that I run a lot - for tracks by track title. Each time I have to operate all the dialog controls even though I use the same settings: 'Track Title' and 'contains' for example.

I'd like the ability to save most of a search, and have Orange prompt me for the missing parts. In this example, that would be the Track Title. Other examples would certainly be possible.

Balok
03-26-2011, 11:12 PM
Any chance of getting this added to the features request list?

andrei_c
05-20-2011, 11:50 PM
This feature has been implemented. I'm still trying to release the update :)

BLOWERS
05-21-2011, 08:14 AM

What's the problem Andrei?

Balok
05-21-2011, 04:18 PM
Thank you!

Joebugs
05-23-2011, 11:40 AM

Hi Andrei,

Please can you make the latest build available to forum members as a link until you solve whatever problem you have encountered to release it.

Thanks

Joe

Balok
05-23-2011, 10:47 PM
Hi Andrei,

Please can you make the latest build available to forum members as a link until you solve whatever problem you have encountered to release it.

Thanks

JoeMight be you want to make this a separate thread. I'm not sure whether Andrei will return to this one.

andrei_c
05-24-2011, 02:06 PM
Here's the temporary link to beta build with parametrized search and bug fixes:
http://www.firetongue.com/support/orgcdfull_16123.exe

Look for "Prompt" checkbox in Advanced search window.

Andrei

Joebugs
05-24-2011, 03:11 PM

Andrei

THANKS for the link

Joebugs
05-25-2011, 05:52 PM

Andrei

I haven't figured out what the "Prompt for Value" check box does??????

Andrei, please can you explain what it does.

Thanks

Balok
05-25-2011, 07:05 PM
I haven't figured out what the "Prompt for Value" check box does??????

Andrei, please can you explain what it does.

ThanksHere's what I did:

Build an advanced query to search for track titles containing, and checked this box.
Saved the query.
When I access the query, Orange displays a prompt for the track title.
It worked well when I tried it.

Andrei: Thanks for implementing this! I expect it to be a huge time saver!

Balok
05-26-2011, 12:48 AM
When I run a saved query from the homepage, I get the prompt and the query finds matching elements based on what I enter.

When I call the Advanced Search dialog box and load a query, then click Search, I never get a prompt. Instead, it returns every element (tracks, in this case).

The query was for 'Track Title' and 'contains' and Prompt for Value was checked. I can send you the .daq file if you think it would help.

Balok
10-11-2011, 11:58 PM
I finally remembered to check this in the new version (6.4.6.16412) and it works properly now, thanks!