PDA

View Full Version : can't add new albums

kaj174
05-30-2010, 12:08 PM
i have just downloaded the latest version but now cannot add new albums except manually.I keep getting an error message 'the connection with the serves was reset'.
Anyone any ideas what is wrong

thanks

Jazz_North
05-30-2010, 07:58 PM
Check View -> Preferences -> Internet

If the cd download does not read

http://freedb.freedb.org/~cddb/cddb.cgi

you should correct it.

At the same place, be sure Enter CD data manually is NOT checked (mine is set at Prompt and it works fine)

kaj174
05-31-2010, 01:17 PM
Hi Jazz North
thanks for the info checked everything you mentioned and my internet preferences were the same as you posted.
tried again but the same thing happening

Joebugs
05-31-2010, 03:46 PM
Try another freedb server from the drop down menu. If this does not work too you may have a firewall conflict/setting.

I have been using the latest version since uploaded and had no problems adding CDs from Freedb.

If you have more than one CD drive please make sure that OrangeCD is directed to the correct drive.

Good luck,

Joe

andrei_c
05-31-2010, 07:24 PM
i have just downloaded the latest version but now cannot add new albums except manually.I keep getting an error message 'the connection with the serves was reset'.
Anyone any ideas what is wrong

thanks

Check your firewall settings. It's possible that your firewall is blocking OrangeCD access to Internet. OrangeCD needs to connect to various servers (such as FreeDB, Amazon, etc.) via port 80 (http).

The name of OrangeCD executable is c:\Program Files\OrangeCD\dadbapp.exe

Andrei

kaj174
06-01-2010, 08:55 PM
i am not very good with technical jargon but have checked my firewall and it says that orange cd is a programme allowed access.
i am using a firewall supplied by my internet provider (virginmedia) and have the windows firewall turned off.i am obviously doing something wrong but as i say i am not technically minded so any other ideas would be appreciated.
thanks for all the help so far

andrei_c
06-05-2010, 02:00 AM
If the firewall software displays an icon in the taskbar, usually right-clicking the icon in taskbar will display the options for disabling or exiting firewall. Try to disable it temporarily and check if it fixes OrangeCD problem.

Andrei

mighty
06-05-2010, 08:27 AM
Andrei, kaj174 has already told that the windows firewall is turned off so there is no point to disable it again.

You internet connection making problem I am damn sure, contact your internet service provider and tell about it.

andrei_c
06-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Andrei, kaj174 has already told that the windows firewall is turned off so there is no point to disable it again.
Of course, but I meant temporarily disabling provider firewall as well.

fusion
06-11-2010, 09:53 AM
Try one more time.