PDA

View Full Version : Is OCD Windows 7 ready?

granit
10-16-2009, 02:10 PM
Several people unhappy with Vista, are looking forward to October 22, date for W7 public release. I had downgraded to XP, but now Microsoft has announced that it will phase out XP Support by year's end. My question to Andrei : Is OCD Windows 7 ready?
Andrei I'm sorry to put pressure on you, but I must ask...

bsvends1
10-19-2009, 04:18 PM
I'm running win7 RTM x64 and OCD works for me, but starts up minimized. No big deal, just a tad bit annoying:).

Dennis
10-26-2009, 09:56 PM
I've been using OCD on Windows 7 Pro 64 for a couple of days, no problems at all.

andrei_c
10-26-2009, 10:58 PM
I'm running win7 RTM x64 and OCD works for me, but starts up minimized. No big deal, just a tad bit annoying:).

This is weird. I have never seen this happening in Windows 7 or any other system.

Can you try to download and run this Regedit file and see if it fixes the issue?

http://www.firetongue.com/support/unminimize_orangecd.reg

andrei_c
10-26-2009, 11:03 PM
Is OCD Windows 7 ready?

I would like to say Yes... But there are few things that needs to be tested and possibly fixed before OrangeCD can be declared fully Windows 7 compatible.

Let's put it this way: There are no OrangeCD issues related to Windows 7 for which there are no trivial workarounds. It should not stop you from upgrading to Windows 7.

Andrei

fendent
11-15-2009, 08:37 AM
A message box pops up and says it is not a valid Win32 application. Then it terminates without installing. What can I do?
Additional info: It is a Vaio P VGN-P25G and I tried to install the latest relesae of Nov. 4th.
Marcel

andrei_c
11-19-2009, 07:10 AM
A message box pops up and says it is not a valid Win32 application. Then it terminates without installing. What can I do?
Additional info: It is a Vaio P VGN-P25G and I tried to install the latest relesae of Nov. 4th.

Marcel,

This sounds like broken or incomplete download. Re-download installation package again from http://www.firetongue.com/orgcdfull.exe .

If it's still displaying error after re-download, try cleaning your browser cache.

Andrei

GoSlow2GoFast
11-29-2009, 04:10 PM
FWIW, I have found that unless I run OCD Catalog in Admin mode it doesn't recognize my CD drive to import new CD info from. I believe I also had trouble pulling down covers when not in Admin mode as well.

Running Windows 7 Ultimate retail version.

~gs2gf

andrei_c
12-02-2009, 09:52 AM
FWIW, I have found that unless I run OCD Catalog in Admin mode it doesn't recognize my CD drive to import new CD info from. I believe I also had trouble pulling down covers when not in Admin mode as well.

Thanks for report.
1) Could you try disabling CD-Text in View, Preferences, Internet tab, and see if it still requires admin privileges?

2) I've seen scattered reports about cover download recently but they are not connected to admin mode. Can you send me a session log to orangecd@firetongue.com when cover download problem occurs. You can get session log by holding Shift key while recognizing a CD. Thanks!

johnlennon2
12-17-2009, 04:32 PM
I'm running Windows 7 and the program runs fine. One question, I transfered my dab file from my desktop to our new laptop and all of the album info came with it. However none of the cover art shows up in OCD. It shows up in R&T, but not in the actual program. What can I do to fix that without having to manually add each cover. I have a lot of bootlegs that I don't want to have to go back and hunt down all that artwork. Any help is appreciated. Used the program for years now and love it.

Joebugs
12-18-2009, 12:58 PM
I'm running Windows 7 and the program runs fine. One question, I transfered my dab file from my desktop to our new laptop and all of the album info came with it. However none of the cover art shows up in OCD. It shows up in R&T, but not in the actual program. What can I do to fix that without having to manually add each cover. I have a lot of bootlegs that I don't want to have to go back and hunt down all that artwork. Any help is appreciated. Used the program for years now and love it.

Hi,

You also have to transfer the folder MyCollection_Covers in the Orange CD folder where your dab file is located. This should solve your problem.

SliM3
12-29-2009, 03:16 PM
Just wanna add that "Now Playing" info is not passed from WMP12 to MSN (Live) when using "play / cue" function from within OCD.

I'm running Win7x64(Eng) - did not have this problem on WinXP32 w/ WMP9.

Steve B.
06-03-2010, 10:19 PM
I have an odd problem. After downloading and re-installing OCD on my new computer running Windows 7 the icon for OCD disappeared. It's there for OCD player but not for the program itself.

Small problem but any ideas?

andrei_c
06-05-2010, 01:57 AM
I have an odd problem. After downloading and re-installing OCD on my new computer running Windows 7 the icon for OCD disappeared. It's there for OCD player but not for the program itself.

OrangeCD Installer has an option for installing desktop icons. Could it be that this option was unchecked during setup?

Try reinstalling OrangeCD making sure this option is checked. You don't have to uninstall first, just run the installer from http://www.firetongue.com/orgcdfull.exe and it will update your setup.

Andrei

Steve B.
06-05-2010, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the reply Andrei. It showed up by itself today. Weird

I am having a problem with OCD player (which btw I love). I am unable to make it my default player. The Control Panel does not offer me this option. I had no problem with Windows XP.

I checked the box to have OCD player check to see if it's the Default Player on start-up and it does and I have to check the box each time I start up.

As well, the volume control does not seem to be functioning properly. The slider does not appear although if I move the cursor over it, it acts as if it is there, but even then I have to adjust it to a VERY low level for listening (around 7%).

Update: The icon disappeared again. I followed your suggestions and it did not solve the problem. I even uninstalled and re-installed OCD but still no icon.