PDA

View Full Version : Don't want the ini file created in every folder

Ruth
09-25-2009, 02:58 PM
Is there a possibility to not write the orange.ini file in the folder ?
I store the files on a external drive, but when I change something in the folder structure I get ! sign in front of the albums and I don't want that sign.
Files added from a dvd doesn't get that because the orange.ini file can not be written in the folder so I also doesn't want it on my external HD.
Thanks for any answer to solve this problem.

direwolf
09-27-2009, 06:33 PM
there is no database 'clean up' tool for remove missing/old/moved entries.

You have to goto the folder >
search: orange.ini >delete them all >
go back to OrangeCD > delete ! entry.

d4n3ll
11-20-2009, 11:54 AM
I would certainly echo the need to have a database clean up tool. Compared to Collectorz.com Mp3 Collector it is the one thing OrangeCD lacks - a quick way to find all those files where the links are broken and remove / update them.

andrei_c
12-09-2009, 08:43 AM
I would certainly echo the need to have a database clean up tool. Compared to Collectorz.com Mp3 Collector it is the one thing OrangeCD lacks - a quick way to find all those files where the links are broken and remove / update them.

This feature will be included in next update (6.3.8). It will be available in menu "Library", "Find broken media links".

Thanks for your patience and support.

bethjim
12-16-2009, 11:10 PM
OK - I'm stumped now. The OP wanted OCD not to generate the .ini in every folder. THen there's this "fixed in next release". I installed the latest release and "orange.ini" is still created in every folder.

I think it's time for a quit on OCD.

Contacting support for refund...

Bye Bye
Jim

Lilliana
03-02-2010, 09:27 AM
I store the files on a external drive, but when I change something in the folder structure I get ! sign in front of the albums and I don't want that sign.
Files added from a dvd doesn't get that because the orange.ini file can not be written in the folder so I also doesn't want it on my external HD.

andrei_c
03-08-2010, 09:55 PM

Lilliana,

The feature that displayed [!] signs was removed from OrangeCD Catalog. It was annoying, unreliable, and overall mistake. I recommend to upgrade to the most recent version and these signs will be gone.

Andrei