PDA

View Full Version : Collaborations issues

SidneyJames
09-09-2009, 10:46 AM
Hi.

I've been using Orange CD for a good few years now and it's mainly been a great database tool.

However I've come across an issue that is rather annoying.

The Collaborations function.

Here are my reasons why.

It creates a dual entry in the database for each of the collaborators. Something which I don't find particularly useful. I would rather it kept it as one entry. So if I have artist A + artist B it creates a single entry under Artist A + Artist B.

It's no use when you have say a split release between artists, when it's not necessarily a collaboration. I've got a lot of split single releases which I don't really want to file under Various Artists.

And the biggest problem is the inability to roll back changes made to the collaborations once they can be made. Case in example I had a release listed as Birthday Party / Lydia Lunch in my database and used the collaboration tool and it created the dual release issue mentioned above. Not wanting this I broke the collaboration link but found I couldn't type in the previous formatting I was using for the release as the field is locked until I set it to Various Artists and then it allowed me to change it to artist selection and editing.

Very annoying.

Cheers

Sid

Joebugs
09-09-2009, 11:41 AM
I agree with your issue. Ideally it would show artists both as separate (Artist A) & (Artist B) and jointly (Artist A + Artist B). There are many issues with the Collaboration feature which need to be looked into. You may have noted also that when you use the collaboration feature, the album tracks (in track view) are hidden and do not show under the separate artists.

Hopefully we may see some improvements in the next update.

Any news about this Andrei?

Regards

Joe

Joebugs
03-01-2010, 12:19 PM
Andrei,

I tried the tracks collaboration in the new version; however when I go to either one of the artists the tracks do not appear in the track listings of the artists.

I tried one album Raising Sand by Robert Plant & Alison Kraus. I split the artists in the tracks collaboration field usiang "&". When I clicked on Robert Plant and Alison Kraus to see the tracks listing Raisng Sand tracks where not shown.

Please can you take a look at this.

Thanks

Joe

andrei_c
03-08-2010, 10:06 PM
Joe,

I think I'm missing something here. Can you send screenshots of your album details - Tracks page, Collaboration dialog box, and any relevant screenshots - to orangecd@firetongue.com? Thanks - it is a priority to fix any remaining collaboration issues in next update.

Andrei

Joebugs
03-09-2010, 01:49 PM
Joe,

I think I'm missing something here. Can you send screenshots of your album details - Tracks page, Collaboration dialog box, and any relevant screenshots - to orangecd@firetongue.com? Thanks - it is a priority to fix any remaining collaboration issues in next update.

Andrei

Andrei,

Screenshots sent.

andrei_c
03-14-2010, 10:17 AM
Andrei,

Screenshots sent.

Thanks, I have a fix now and will add it into next update.

Andrei

Joebugs
03-14-2010, 11:43 AM
Great!

Thanks