PDA

View Full Version : Scanning CDs sometimes gets wrong version?

rjmc64
07-21-2009, 04:12 PM
I just started working with OrangeCD this weekend and overall I think it's great. I have noticed though that sometimes when I add new CDs to my collection it gets notes that indicate that I have some rare or import version when I just have the regular, standard CD. Also, sometimes when I scan the CD it comes up with multiple entries with the same spelling, how do I know what the differences are?

Also, is there any automatic way when adding a CD that the name of a solo artist would be added "last name, first name"? Even if I change the name manually it creates a new folder formatted "first name last name" when I add another album by the same artist at a later time, then I have to search through the database and move the albums around.

Balok
07-31-2009, 12:05 AM
Generally when it goes to Amazon for information it finds the first matching entry and uses that. You can force it to search again by right clicking and then selecting 'Download CD Covers'. You'll get a search box. Click 'Search' and then use the arrow buttons near the bottom right to scan through the available covers.