PDA

View Full Version : Box Set within a Box Set

Joebugs
10-16-2007, 07:03 AM
I would like to suggest a new feature (if it can be done)!!!

I have the Grateful Dead's The Golden Road 12CD Box Set. It consists of 8 single CDs and 2 double CDs -- Birth of the Dead and Europe 72.

Will it be possible to update the Boxset feature so that OrangeCd makes Birth of the Dead / Europe 72 (double CDs) two boxsets within the box set.

I have no idea about programming and I assume that this is a request for a complicted feature.

However if it is possible -- it may be considered for a future release.

Joe

sfox2842
10-17-2007, 06:05 PM
Yes I have the same problem:
I have 45 Dual boxes (90 CD's) of Bach Cantatas that I would rather show under 1 main box set.

Joebugs
05-27-2009, 12:18 PM
Hi Andrei,

I going through my previous suggestions!!

Any news about this?

Joebugs
02-06-2011, 12:12 PM
I would like to suggest a new feature (if it can be done)!!!

I have the Grateful Dead's The Golden Road 12CD Box Set. It consists of 8 single CDs and 2 double CDs -- Birth of the Dead and Europe 72.

Will it be possible to update the Boxset feature so that OrangeCd makes Birth of the Dead / Europe 72 (double CDs) two boxsets within the box set.

I have no idea about programming and I assume that this is a request for a complicted feature.

However if it is possible -- it may be considered for a future release.

Joe

Just a reminder of features I suggested along the years. Is this on the wish list?

andrei_c
02-06-2011, 08:19 PM
Joe,

Can you simulate this feature by renaming individual items in the set, e.g. Set1-CD1, Set1-CD2, Set2-CD1, or something similar? I understand the need for this feature, but in my experience it is pretty rare, while requires significant engineering changes in the application.

Andrei

Joebugs
02-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Joe,

Can you simulate this feature by renaming individual items in the set, e.g. Set1-CD1, Set1-CD2, Set2-CD1, or something similar? I understand the need for this feature, but in my experience it is pretty rare, while requires significant engineering changes in the application.

Andrei

I did rename individual items
Example:
CD8 - American Beauty
CD9 - Grateful Dead
CD10 - Europe '72 - Disc 1
CD11 - Europe '72 - Disc 2
CD12 - History Of The Grateful Dead

What would be nice if it is possible would be that CD10 and CD11 would be grouped as a box set.

fasterbyelan
03-28-2011, 11:29 AM
Joe,

Andrei

With the increasing number of sets available, which often have box's within boxs, there is a need for this. Also the use of different album covers for each CD within the box would be good.

Karl

kurt74
04-30-2011, 09:56 PM
I'm completely agree, in this beautiful program the box set process is the only one that need new life.