PDA

View Full Version : Strange problem when I added info about a group

Balok
09-18-2007, 11:45 PM
I added information about a group (Aerosmith) and everything went fine until I added the picture. That crashed Orange, and left the album records associated with that group in a state such that when I tried to open them, it crashed again.

I tried deleting and adding them back - no luck. I tried compacting the database - no luck, with variations such as exiting and restarting the app between these steps.

I could not fix the database and had to restore from a backup. Anyone else have a problem like this? Specifically, are there known problems with adding information to groups? The picture that seemed to start the problem was 640 x 479. Is that too large?

Thanks in advance.

andrei_c
09-27-2007, 09:19 PM
I added information about a group (Aerosmith) and everything went fine until I added the picture. That crashed Orange, and left the album records associated with that group in a state such that when I tried to open them, it crashed again.

I tried deleting and adding them back - no luck. I tried compacting the database - no luck, with variations such as exiting and restarting the app between these steps.

I could not fix the database and had to restore from a backup. Anyone else have a problem like this? Specifically, are there known problems with adding information to groups? The picture that seemed to start the problem was 640 x 479. Is that too large?

Thanks in advance.
Too bad I didn't notice this thread before :( Do you still have this crashing database? If you do and can send it to me, I will fix the bug.

640x479 is not too large. OrangeCD should be able to handle much larger images.

Andrei