PDA

View Full Version : Album Conductor

philh
08-31-2007, 02:36 PM
As a complete beginner with OrangeCD, I'm having difficulty in entering the Conductor for an album. I don't want to associate the conductor with the orchestra (artist) because the number of combinations would be excessive.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Phil

BLOWERS
08-31-2007, 03:31 PM
Hi,

In the 'Credits' tab (in the record properties - right click on the record) there is an option to enter the conductor. Does this answer your question? Hope so!

philh
08-31-2007, 06:22 PM
Thanks Malc - I'd looked at that, and tried the 'Musicians' tab, which is similar. However, I can't see how then to get this information into the Album view header (I'm modifying the standard Themes).

What I'm aiming for is an album header that has Composer, Artist (generally the orchestra), Conductor and Title (usually a work or works) as 4 separate fields.

I'm assuming that if I can achieve this, I can then show a second conductor on the Track details (as with Artist).

philh
09-01-2007, 06:29 PM
OK - problem solved. Reading the other thread on custom fields switched on my brain. I've defined a custom field, and modified the Crisp theme to display it in the desired place in the album view.

Thanks again

Phil