PDA

View Full Version : Assorted MP3 files not par of album

msobetzko
08-03-2007, 05:46 PM
I'm new, as of today, to OCD. I am just working on the trial version and currently love it. I have a question of how folks are handling MP3's that are not part of a complete album. Their tags have album, track info, etc.

Is there a way of group these types of files together without modifying their tags.

Mike

Jazz_North
08-03-2007, 08:28 PM
I asked this question in the Suggested Features part of this Forum several days ago. Currrently, you can mark a whole album as in your collection or not, but not individual tracks of an album. OrangeCD needs the latter option, too, in this day and age of single track downloads.

What I do as a not very elegant workaround is to list all the tracks of all albums in Orange, but set the Composer field in track properties to Missing for those tracks that I don't have. I would prefer something more appropriate in a revision.

msobetzko
08-14-2007, 12:39 PM
The current work around that I'm using is to have one directory "Singles" that I store all my individual tracks in. I scan with the "Get info from directory..." option and I get a various artist entry called Singles that contains all the songs. Effectively it makes it look like one album.

This does let me see all my singles (since I know where to look), but it makes it hard to find the track when look for an artists work.