PDA

View Full Version : Slimserver

Silu
07-02-2007, 06:37 PM
Can you help? I have Slimserver on my PC but I am using my laptop to use OrangeCD but cannot connect to the Slimserver. I have tried to configure the squeezebox under tools/configure but not sure what I am supposed to put. If I run OrangeCD from the PC it automatically finds the Slimserver and connects?????? ::)

andrei_c
07-11-2007, 09:43 PM
Can you help? I have Slimserver on my PC but I am using my laptop to use OrangeCD but cannot connect to the Slimserver. I have tried to configure the squeezebox under tools/configure but not sure what I am supposed to put. If I run OrangeCD from the PC it automatically finds the Slimserver and connects?????? ::)
Make sure to configure SlimServer to accept connections from other computers. It's not allowed by default.

Double-click SlimServer icon in taskbar -> Server Settings -> Security, then either select Do No Block in the drop-down or enter your laptop IP in the box below.

Andrei

Silu
07-12-2007, 10:22 AM
Firetongue

Thanks for your reply I will try this out. Do you happen to know what I need to put into the OcD config on my laptop to find the Slimserver on my pc which is currently showing localhost?

andrei_c
07-12-2007, 04:48 PM
Firetongue

Thanks for your reply I will try this out. Do you happen to know what I need to put into the OcD config on my laptop to find the Slimserver on my pc which is currently showing localhost?
It depends on your network and slimserver configuration. In most cases all you need to configure is the address of computer that runs SlimServer.

Where is your music library located and how do you access it from laptop - via network share?

Andrei