PDA

View Full Version : How do I sort by year?

woobit
06-24-2007, 11:46 AM
Check out this screen shot first: http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/2824/untitled2ll2.jpg I use "Artist (no compilations)" and "year - title", but how do I sort by year instead of title in the tree view?

POC
06-25-2007, 03:39 PM
Go to 'Custom Sort' (view entire collection, left-click menu/Sort/Custom) and then add these fields to the right-hand column:

A->Z Artist sort
A->Z Year
A->Z Title

Click OK.

Now the collection will sort properly as you want it to.

POC
06-25-2007, 03:52 PM
Oh yeah, sorry, for the tree view/browser part, click on the 'Browse by' drop-down arrow. Scroll to the bottom, and choose 'More views...'.

Click the Drop-down presets tab and then choose the 'new' button'.

Add 'Artist' to the right-hand column first, and then tick the 'no tracks' check box.

Then add 'Year'

Save the preset with a description. Now you will be able to choose the 'Artist (no compilations)+Year' Browse by preset to sort by year.

HTH

woobit
06-25-2007, 04:04 PM
Ah yes, I was kinda hoping I could sort by year without having the year show as a folder - but its better than before :)

Stephen_Fairhurst
06-25-2007, 07:57 PM
My solution is to place the year in front of the Title ie 2001 Record Title and 2003 Another Title which obviously puts them chronologically

Samantha
07-08-2007, 12:52 PM
Thanks POC - I registered just to find the answer to this sort query and your reply got me exactly what I wanted. Why I hadn't found the custom sort facility before I do not know.

But thanks!!

Samantha