PDA

View Full Version : Database suggestions...

Quidsane
05-14-2007, 04:40 AM
1.) In the "Import from OrangeCD" window, a FORMAT column is desperately needed, or else the columns need to be customizable.
I have a database with a mix of formats. I want each format to have it's own database. When there are thousands of titles it's difficult to import just the FLACs into their own database, or just the CDRs into their own database. Almost impossible really. Can't tell them apart. Not feesable to try to remember which is which. :o

2.) An option to move titles between databases (not just copy them). Again, not feesable to try to remember what was exported and then delete from old database. :'(

3.) How about "Drag & Drop" between collections? i.e. Explorer (copy here, move here). Don't know if this is possible with OCD but it would be great. ;D

If any of this is already supported by OCD (in other words, if I'm just a dumbass), or if there's a solution I haven't thought of, please point this out to me.

Peace. ;D

Quidsane
05-14-2007, 05:21 AM
Just realized a workaround:
Export old database to html... then I can SEE what is FLAC and what is CDR in the browser while OCD is displaying a different database.
Still... would be nice to not have to do this... ;D

Quidsane
05-14-2007, 06:49 PM
Related suggestion:
Artist Profile/Display settings do not import/export... :'(
It would be nice if they did.
Not feesable to have to set these all over again for hundreds of artists...

andrei_c
05-15-2007, 03:56 PM
[quote=Quidsane]1.)