PDA

View Full Version : MP3

steve2000a
04-05-2007, 11:36 PM
I am testing Orange CD and have a question. After scanning an MP3 folder, the audio tracks are attached to the record in the Orange database. Is there any way to detach the audio tracks?

Jazz_North
04-08-2007, 12:49 PM
I am testing Orange CD and have a question. After scanning an MP3 folder, the audio tracks are attached to the record in the Orange database. Is there any way to detach the audio tracks?

This is another wish of mine. I don't use Orange as a way to manage the mp3s on my computer. They are going to play through iTunes anyway. They sometimes get moved and Orange doesn't keep up (about 1/3 of my mp3 albums have the ! in their Orange listing). Most of my Orange entries aren't mp3s anyway and the play/queue just clutters up the displays that they do appear in. How do I get rid of the play/queue and the !?

ekoliniol
04-13-2007, 09:17 AM
Let me share some thoughts concerning mp3 files and their hard disc location.
I think it would really be nice If I could change the path of more than one album all at once.
e.g
If I have 100 albums in sub-folders of a main Folder named "c:\My Music" and I decide to move all of them to "d:\new Music" is there a way to automatically update database with the new path. Maybe with a help of an update query?

hedgey
04-17-2007, 08:49 AM
This would be a great feature ekoliniol. I have just moved from an older computer with everything stored in "My Music" to a new one running Vista where the folder is now called "Music". It is way too hard to manually change the location of 1,000 albums individually. If anyone has a workaround for this issue, it would be greatly appreciated !
Regards

ekoliniol
04-17-2007, 03:38 PM
I've been avoiding reorganizing my mp3 files (30000+) just to avoid having to fix my orangecd database.
A simple smart query would do the job if only there was a way to run an update query
Please Andrei help us if you can.
What would also be nice is if the album path was available as as field in query menu

vab423
05-22-2007, 10:25 PM
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm not sure of the protocol here and my question *is* related to MP3's.

I'm using Shareware to tag my MP3s - the tags are ID3v1.1 and ID3v2.x compatible (compliant?). When I add to my database, it's not bringing in the tags correctly. Specifically, the YEAR field is blank in about 1/3 (of more than 3000) entries.

I've checked (and unchecked) the Get Info from ... options in OrangeCD but no luck. Any idea why?

Thanks!

andrei_c
05-23-2007, 02:26 PM
Let me share some thoughts concerning mp3 files and their hard disc location.
I think it would really be nice If I could change the path of more than one album all at once.
I am working now on Library management feature that will allow changing paths.

It will take a few more weeks to implement though. I target late June or July as release date for this feature.

Andrei

andrei_c
05-23-2007, 02:29 PM
[quote=vab423]I'm using Shareware to tag my MP3s - the tags are ID3v1.1 and ID3v2.x compatible (compliant?).

vab423
05-24-2007, 01:03 AM
First, try UNchecking "Get info from file and directory names" option and rescan. If this does not fix the problem, I would like to look at sample of your MP3 file.

Andrei, I tried your suggestion and it did not work so I am sending you a file.

hedgey
05-25-2007, 06:46 AM
I look forward to that, thanks Andrei, you're a champ !

I am working now on Library management feature that will allow changing paths.

It will take a few more weeks to implement though. I target late June or July as release date for this feature.

Andrei

ekoliniol
09-01-2007, 05:52 AM
Hi Andrei

What happen to the "Library management feature" that you promised us?

Is it going to be implemented in the near future?