PDA

View Full Version : Flic barcode scanner supported?

Chompa
04-02-2007, 10:35 PM
I'm interested in the Flic scanner unit to use with Orange. I'm wondering which units are supported by Orange... the tethered version or Bluetooth version or both?

I'm looking at the eBay auction below for a Flic unit and I'd appreciate someone confirming that it is one of the supported models.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Microvision-Flic-Bluetooth-Cordless-Scanner-New-in-box_W0QQitemZ320098202033QQcategoryZ14929QQssPageN ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

andrei_c
04-03-2007, 03:32 PM
From the manufacturer's description, both versions of Flic must be supported. You will need to install their drivers though.

I will buy one cordless item for testing, so if there's any incompatibility, I will issue a fix promptly.

Andrei

Chompa
04-03-2007, 03:48 PM
Great, thank you for your response and your willingness to support this scanner unit! I can't wait to start scanning my collection from another room!

Chompa
04-17-2007, 03:08 PM
Hello, I'm just checking in to see if there's any official word on Flic support yet.

andrei_c
04-17-2007, 03:43 PM
It's supported.

I've tested Flic Bluetooth scanner and it works perfectly. Just make sure to install the software that comes with the scanner (Flic Cordless or similar for cord model), and activate KEmul plugin in the software.

Andrei