PDA

View Full Version : Export/import partial database

Balok
03-22-2007, 05:00 PM
I own some of the same albums as my brother. I've entered data and I'd like to share it with him (he's the one that recommended this tool to me). If there's a way to do this, I can't figure it out. I see no way to import an Orange XML file, and in any event you can't export just part of a database in that format. All the other export formats are intended for human readable use, and don't seem to have corresponding exports.

So the feature I'd like to see is: export part of a database to some format (could be XML, but doesn't have to be) and a corresponding ability to merge in such a file. I poked around all the menus and I don't see a feature like this. The export to local FreeDB comes kind of close - but it doesn't take the lyrics along, and that's part of goal.

Thanks.

davidagbr
03-24-2007, 08:50 AM
I could use a feature like this. I have two databases so that I can split my collection into my own esoteric order, so it would be nice to be able to copy a release from one database to the other, without having to type in all the album details (in the case of vinyl).

Any chance of this feature being added at some point?

David

Balok
03-24-2007, 09:28 PM
Okay, I see now how to make an export (to HTML) template. It shouldn't be too difficult to create a template that writes XML. If there was a way to import that, or to somehow create customizable import templates, that would solve the problem...