PDA

View Full Version : Autofill for artist

irene
02-15-2007, 04:10 PM
I use the autofill for composers, but it doesn't work for artists' names.

I've scanned about half my disks, and half of them have no details or in the wrong places.

andrei_c
02-19-2007, 10:21 PM
Hi Irene,

Can you give few examples of discs that weren't loaded correctly? I could look at them and tell what went wrong and/or suggest a fix.

What I am interested mostly is the FreeDB IDs of these albums. You can find FreeDB ID in Misc page of album properties.

Andreu

irene
02-20-2007, 01:46 PM
I fixed all the details in all the discs, now I have the properties page open automatically when I scan so I fix each disk immediately, and just finished all my classical disks which were often without the classic layout, so without composer, or the composer in the Artist field.

I don't remember which were with wrong details, but most were old disks.

Then there are the old Hebrew and Greek discs, some Portuguese and South American, which got only "New Album" and time of tracks without text.

When I'll find new scans with the details missing, I'll post them.

irene
02-22-2007, 05:57 AM
I deleted two discs where I had corrected the details and re-scanned them.
FreeDBdiskID 4b0AC206 has the information in the wrong fields (composer name in Artist place). Mendelssohn.

FreeDBID B210C31F Loaded New Album without any details. Track times were correct. This is a classical disk with three composers - Zelenka Kuhnau Bach.

That's beside of many disks that are classic with single composers and get the general layout, so I enter the composer's name in the correct place so I can sort them.

There are many more but I don't want to delete fixed discs and have to re-fix them.

andrei_c
02-25-2007, 04:10 PM
Thanks, I will look what went wrong with these discs. It could be the error in the online database.

Andrei

irene
02-25-2007, 04:50 PM
Today the autofill worked for artists too, maybe it's the new version - or else I did somethig different without noticing.

I just scanned about 40 non classic discs and they are even more messed up than the classics. Only two had a CD cover, and many were defined as "New album" though they had the FreeDBIs. Almost none are American - if that could be a quality guarantee for their registration, and they were bought years ago. I won't go into the trouble of sending corrections to any place, but if I have lots of extra time, I'll just scan the covers. Two at a time for about 100 discs and they don't show anyway on the lists I'll print when I'll finish!

andrei_c
02-25-2007, 08:46 PM
Hi Irene,

you don't have to scan covers. Right-click album and select "Download CD covers". Then press Search, and after a while first cover choice will appear. Then you can select from different choices by clicking green arrows. In 99% cases you'll be able to find covers that matches your actual albums. It's WAY faster than scanning covers yourself.

Andrei

irene
02-26-2007, 06:55 AM
I think that I bought the 1% without CD covers. These are a few where I got "cover not found".

Jean Pierre Rampal FreeDB ID 0E100514 revision 5
Andreas Scholl 1E107F13 rev.7
Cafe Rembetika 0E100514 rev 5
Baldi Olier 50109814 rev 2

I didn't list those which had revision 0 (bought in a store) and those which had only wrong covers.

How is the FreeDB ID created? I found that I scanned a disk twice, the original and a copy for the car. They had different IDs, the copy had version 0 and the original a real number. Does the ID show it's a copy, or is there some code that could be meaningful?

andrei_c
03-04-2007, 02:05 AM
FreeDB ID is computed from number of tracks and durations of each track. Nothing else is taked into account.

I think the discs that you listed are not in FreeDB database. At least, I cannot find them there.

I would be interested to know which albums missed (or wrong) covers only... I think this could be OrangeCD problem, so I would like to check them out.

Andrei

irene
03-04-2007, 10:21 AM
I see that for CDs which I made myself from a vinyl LP I have a FreeDB ID with version 0. So obviously unregistered CDs do get this number when I scan them. Those numbers which I sent all had several versions of FreeDB ID. Is this a clue that they're registerd?

I wonder if regular CDs bought in a respectable store are supposed to be registered, as of course I'm not going to list IDs of at least a 100 scans with missing or wrong covers. I have the impression that the missing covers are more common with older disks.

I also have a lot of "new albums" that show only the track times but no track texts but I don't ask about these. I also filled in the missing information, so they're mixed up with the regulars.