PDA

View Full Version : What are my Import options?

li125
01-27-2007, 06:33 AM
I'm looking to start with OCD and I like to impot my current Vinyl collection from a selfmade Access DB.
In this database I have different tabels:
-Albums: Albumname, Year, Artist, Cover (boolean), Label, Note, Language, Condition, Media (LP, 2LP...)
- 7": similar with a few extra fields.
- 12": similar with a few extra fields.

What are my best option to import these records in OCR?
After the import is there a kind of automated way to:
-add covers?
-add track to the albums?
-add extra info like, reviews, links, lirycs,....

andrei_c
02-01-2007, 02:15 PM
I'm looking to start with OCD and I like to impot my current Vinyl collection from a selfmade Access DB.
In this database I have different tabels:
-Albums: Albumname, Year, Artist, Cover (boolean), Label, Note, Language, Condition, Media (LP, 2LP...)
- 7": similar with a few extra fields.
- 12": similar with a few extra fields.

What are my best option to import these records in OCR?
After the import is there a kind of automated way to:
-add covers?
Your best bet is to send your .mdb file to orangecd@firetongue.com. We don't have generic import from Access databases, but depending on the structure of your database, there's 90% chance that it can be converted. (At no charge, of course.)

-add covers?
Yes, using Download CD covers menu command.

Unfortunately, no. To get track information, you'll have to re-add albums using Amazon or FreeDB lookup.

You can add these details too, but not automatically. However, if you decide to gradually re-add albums using Amazon or FreeDB lookup, you'll get some reviews from Amazon automatically.

li125
02-02-2007, 04:52 PM
Okay thanks, I'm starting to see clear now.
Thanks for the offer on importing my mdb-file.

about adding tracks to my imported albums:
if I understand this allright, importing would be of no much use then, if I can't add tracks with FreeDB afterwards?
I understand that for LP's I will have to do a manually search on freeDB since they don't have a unique CD code. But will I be able to add tracks and other info from FreeDB... when the album is imported without tracks?